The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 2: Heavenly Father Trusts Us to Follow His Plan is to understand that Heavenly Father trusts us to make the right choices. (Check out the Enrichment Activities #1- It's great)
- There is another great lesson packet from The Red Headed Hostess that includes 7 teaching helps and ideas ready to print. Use some of the activities this week and some next week!
- Looking for more activities? Hatch Patch has a game, activity, and more all focused on the Plan of Salvation.
- I always like to use this set up as I talk about the Plan of Salvation
- Little LDS Ideas has great tool set printables that would go with this lesson as well.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"I Need My Heavenly Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 18
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- Children's Songbook pg. 177
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
The Three Kingdoms of Heaven (about 4 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Our Heavenly Father's Plan (about 4 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Before the Old Testament (about 3 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Plan of Salvation- We're Still a Family (about 5 minutes)- A young man tells of his testimony of the plan even through his tragedy
We Can Find Happiness (about 6 1/2 minutes)- Stories of 3 people who found happiness through the God's Plan
The Plan of Salvation (about 11 minutes)- The plan is like a 3 act play (you could probably watch just clips of this one)
Our Eternal Life (about 4 minutes)- We are eternal beings- answers the basic questions
We Lived with God (4 minutes)- A scientist testifies of eternity
We Can Live with God Again (about 4 minutes)- Our future lives are determined by the way we live our lives now
My Primary 3 Lesson 2 handout packet includes
- Oval badges to go with the Preparation #2- Print them off on colored paper for more fun and use ribbon to turn them into necklaces
- I Will Follow Heavenly Father's Plan for Me handout- this one goes with the game idea in the manual. Each cut out goes along with one question- you can glue it on after the question is answered then color it.
If you like these lesson helps please pin it so others can find it too.
For more Choose the Right activities, see last week's lesson helps
A Path for Me- This one would go great with Enrichment Activity #2= glue these pictures on to make a path back to Heavenly Father
I Will Follow God's Plan- Match the scriptures to the steps (the suggested activity is great for classes)
Heavenly Father Loves Me, and He Has a Plan for Me- Making paper snowflakes activity
I Know God's Plan- These are fun! Make a viewer explaining God's plan
My Life is a Gift; My Life Has a Plan- Plan of Salvation cut outs- use for a visual or make the mobile
On the Right Path- (older classes) Read the scriptures and finish the road signs
Our Beautiful World: Part of the Plan- Find where you live and draw of picture of yourself
The Plan of Happiness- Booklet
He Sent His Son- (older classes) Mix everything up then decide if each event was before or after Christ's birth
The Greatest Gift- Great to do with the lesson- puzzle that covers a picture of the temple
My Plan to Follow His Plan- (older classes) Includes goals to make each month to help follow God's plan (scroll down)
The Plan of Salvation Offers Me Peace- Put together this Plan of Salvation diagram- puzzle like
The Scriptures Teach of Heavenly Father's Plan- Match the scriptures to the pictures- if you have a younger class you can do this all together
When I Lived with Heavenly Father- Complete the picture
Take My Hand. Hold On Tight- Bright Idea poster
Heavenly Father's Plan (this one is also great for Enrichment Activity #2)