Primary 2 Lesson 14: Dare to Choose the Right- The purpose of this lesson is to understand that we can choose the right like Jesus did.
- Talk about how the only dares we should accept are those that invite us to do good. You can play a dare game where you dare each child to do something kind.
- Play tic-tac-toe as you review the lesson then prepare to be superheroes as each child choose to be brave and choose the right at all times.
- Play the board game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
Choose the Right Way- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"I'm Trying to be like Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 78
"I Need My Heavenly Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 18
"The Still Small Voice"- Children's Songbook pg. 106
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
My Primary 2 Lesson 14 handout packet includes
- Dare to Choose the Right poster with spinner arrow
- 2 types of badges- CTR winner and I Will CTR- you can attach these to ribbons to hang around the neck or use tape to adhere them. Psssttt... make them extra fun by attaching these to my Celebratory Ribbons!
Jazz both of these up with some Glitter Markers- all the fun without all the mess! My whole family loves using them.
Please pin this so others can find these resources too!
Choosing the Right Through Study and Prayer- Maze...I know my son can kind of do these and he is in the youngest class but it can be frustrating for this age as well.
If the Savior Stood Beside Me- Make this 3D picture as a reminder.
My Choices Have Consequences- Better for older classes- make this wheel to find out the consequences for various actions.
Temptation and Sin- Various Mormonad to use- play memory, talk about the funny pictures, make them into postcards, etc.
Choose the Right- Find the matching pictures.
Choose the Right Way- A maze which shows how we feel when we make certain choices.
CTR Game- A memory game
Always Choose the Right- CTR rings to hide- have the class do it for their families or do it beforehand- even try hiding them around the classroom.
Choose the Right Way and Be Happy- Coloring page where you are supposed to write ways to choose the right in the balloons. However, you could use the pictures from the CTR game and glue them inside the balloons instead.
Do What is Right- Learn how to say Choose the Right in different languages.
I'm a Mormon. I Know it. I Live it. I Love it- Bright Ideas poster
Courage- Bright Ideas Poster
Agency is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves- Roll the dice and answer the questions
Living the Gospel Blesses My Family- Match the footprints- blessings to which action