The purpose of teaching Primary 6 Lesson 10: Abraham and Lot is to strengthen the children's desire to show love one to another.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Use pipe cleaners to easily make the circle of love bigger.
- Use these free printables from Jesus Without Language to talk about Abraham and Lot dividing the land.
- There is a great Flip the Answer scripture activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"I'll Walk with You"- Children's Songbook pg. 140
"I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 78
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"- Children's Songbook pg. 60 (espeically v.2)
"We are Different"- Children's Songbook pg. 263
"Where Love Is"- Children's Songbook pg. 138
"Have I Done Any Good?"- Hymn #223
John 15:13- Greater love hath no man
Leviticus 19:18- Love others as yourself
Proverbs 17:17- A friend always loves
John 13:34- Love one another
Galatians 5:13- By love, serve
2 Nephi 31:20- Press forward with a love for God and all men
Mosiah 4:15- Teach them to love
4 Nephi 1:15- No contention because love in their hearts
Moroni 7:47- Charity is the pure love of Christ
My Primary 6 Lesson 10 handouts include
- Two Targets to represent circles of love as there is room for more than one dart. You can add a larger piece of white paper around my target to show how it can expand as well. These go with the Enrichment activities talking about the circles of love. The blank one is for your students to write their names on.
- Two sets of arrows- One set has examples of those that Abraham loved and the other set is blank for you to fill in.
- Set of bean bag covers- If you don't want to use arrows, tape these covers to bean bags instead and toss them on the target during your lesson. Don't have bean bags? I like these bags as you can wipe them down or you can use rolled up socks.
Please pin this so others can find it too!
I didn't find any activities to go with the story of Abraham and Lot but here are several to go with the topic of love.
Love at Home- Make the house and put the hearts inside as the children say one way they can show love or expand their circle of love.
Three Meanings of Love- Share the definitions then do the fill in the blank pictures.
Heartful of Love- A simple riddle picture
Love Notes- A couple of loved themed word puzzles to do.
I Love You This Much Card- Make these cards and challenge the kids to give it to someone they love.
Follow Jesus Christ- Make a kindness bouquet (they can use it to expand their circle of love)
Love Pocket- Make some love pockets (can just use construction paper, felt, or foam pieces)
What is Love?- Read the scriptures to find the answer.
House Filled with Love- Draw pictures behind the house of those in your circle of love. When the hold it up to the light, their house will be filled with love.
Heart Full of Love- Wordsearch
I Love My Family- Find the hidden objects
Make a Family Paper Chain- Write down service that you can do as you count down the days to an event (or even next Sunday) to increase your love for others.
Love One Another- Coloring page