The purpose of teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 35: Naaman Is Healed is to strengthen our desires to obey righteous leaders.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Share some more information about President Russell M. Nelson so your class can get to know him better.
- Share some of the recent quotes from President Russell M. Nelson with your class. Ask how they are applying that quote to their lives and following the prophet's council. You can print my free quote cards in this post as well as this one about President Nelson's revelation talk.
- Use a sponge and some paint for an object lesson about Naaman's washing.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Follow the Prophet"- Children's Songbook pg. 110
"Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice"- Hymn #21
"Latter-day Prophets"- Children's Songbook pg. 134
"The Sixth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 126
Amos 3:7- Reveal it to His prophets
Acts 10:43- All the prophets testify of Christ
Ephesians 2:19-20- Prophets are the foundation of the church with Christ as the cornerstone
D&C 1:14- Warning to those who don't listen to the prophets
D&C 20:26- Blessing of following the prophets
D&C 21:4-6- As if from His own mouth
Article of Faith 6- Believe in prophets
My LDS Primary 6 Lesson 35 handout packet includes
- Question cards from the lesson. Grab a stuffed animal or other toy to wrap up with toilet paper. As you wrap it, insert these question cards (refer to the manual for the order). Have your class unwrap it slowly until they reveal a question. They must answer the question they reveal. To keep things not so messy, have them wrap the toilet paper off the one animal onto a new toy. At the end, you can tie it into how Gehazi ended up with leprosy.
- Blank cards to add in activities or additional questions. You can add in the Enrichment Activities or other fun things on these cards to put in the toilet paper wrapped animal. For example, you can insert random questions like "What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?" or "What did you do to serve someone this week?" You could also insert stickers or little things like that throughout for more fun.
If you like these helps and handouts, please pin it so others can find them too!
Naaman Learns to Obey- Script to role play the story
Elisha and Naaman- Illustrated story. You can send a copy home and challenge your class to teach their family the story.
Tube Story- Make this craft to show how we Follow the Prophet
President Monson- Print out this framed picture of President Monson and list ways to obey
Prophet Figures- Use these figures to sing the songs or tell stories
Follow the Prophet- Find the hidden objects in the picture
Conference Messages- Decipher the message
Speaks Through His Prophets- Make this booklet of the prophets today
Who Am I?- Guess the prophet with these stick puppets or color them in class
Listen to a Prophet's Voice- Make this rotating tube and write how you follow him
Latter-day Prophets- Wheel with prophets up to President Hinckley and what they asked us or did.
The Living Christ- Testimony of the Apostles
Examples of the Believers- Match the prophets with their stories
God Speaks Through Prophets- Match the prophet with the scripture
Living Prophets Teach Me to Choose the Right- Match the prophets with their names and make a mini framed picture of President Monson
Testimony Match up- Match the prophet to his testimony
Blessings of Obedience- Match the prophets to the promised blessings