The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 15: The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon is to understand how we received the Book of Mormon.
- Primary 5 has several lessons on the coming of the Book of Mormon. Check out their lesson helps to download more handouts.
- Get story sticks and more with The Red Headed Hostess lesson packet.
- Cover cardboard with foil and use dull pencils to "engrave" your own plates. You can even spray paint the foil gold.
The following resources are all from LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"The Book of Mormon- Keystone of Our Religion" by President Ezra Taft Benson
"The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ- Plain and Precious Things" by President Boyd K. Packer
I highly recommend Deseret Bookshelf Plus- You can listen to unlimited LDS audio books or read ebooks. It's a great way to spiritual feed yourselves.
"The Golden Plates"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"Book of Mormon Stories"- Children's Songbook pg. 118
"The Books in the Book of Mormon"-Children's Songbook pg. 119
"Had I Been a Child"- Children's Songbook pg. 80
"The Eighth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 127
"An Angel Came to Joseph Smith"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"-Children's Songbook pg. 172 (Army of Helaman)
"Samuel Tells of Baby Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 36
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
My Primary 3 Lesson 15 packet includes
- 12 Sound Them Out Cards- Use the pictures to guess the words. The key to this activity is to do it 4 times in a row- just like Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith 4 times. You can add more cards each time just like Moroni gave more information. Does it get easier to remember the answers the more you go over them? How does that apply to reading our scriptures? Keep the fun going with 50 more LDS themed cards!
- I Love the Book of Mormon coloring page- I left the top of the plates blank so you can inscribe them yourself- you could even glue some foil on top of it.
- You may also want to use my Book of Mormon Bingo cards or matching game.
If you like these lesson helps, please like my Facebook page too.
Article of Faith 8- (older classes) Color the star yellow if it talks about the Bible, red if it's about the Book of Mormon.
Book of Mormon Boggler- (Definitely oldest classes) Find the names of the Book of Mormon characters
Book of Mormon Military- (older classes) Word search
Let's Put on a Pageant- Script to act out Alma 17-19
Publishing the Book of Mormon- How many copies of the Book of Mormon can you find?
Book of Mormon Feast- Color in for each week you read or just color it
I Will Read the Book of Mormon- Reading chart or use as a visual to talk about a keystone
Samuel the Lamanite- Find the right puzzle pieces
The Book of Mormon around the World- Follow the paths to discover what The Book of Mormon looks like in other languages
Scripture Figures- Print out and have a puppet show
The Book of Mormon is a Great Book- Bright Idea Poster
Who Wrote the Book of Mormon?- Diagram of who wrote each book
The Story of the Book of Mormon- Illustrated summary of the main points in the Book of Mormon- could cut and make into a mini booklet on a ring
Book of Mormon Timeline- Illustrated line of events
Mormon and the Book of Mormon- A rebus story (story with pictures for word) so you can teach them how to "read" it a little bit. Make it into a little booklet or into "Gold Plates" by using foil as the cover.
Book of Mormon Times and Today- Match modern pictures up with scripture pictures. Could also cut these pictures out and make something like a lei necklace- use straws and fruit loops with them.
Book of Mormon Animals- These animals can be found in the Book of Mormon (references are provided). Can use in the lesson.
The Book of Mormon is a Great Book- Poster of a family reading it- turn it into a puzzle or use it as a visual
A Voice from the Dust- Love the visual on this poster- talk about how the plates were buried until Joseph was ready to translate them
Mystery Picture- (older classes) Follow the instructions to finish the picture
Mormon- a Valiant Prophet- Match the picture to their story or just use as a coloring page
Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon (storyboard form)
The Power to Baptize and Confirm (Christ in the Americas)