Who’s excited about studying the New Testament this year? Who loves candy? If you answered YES to either of those two questions chances are you’re gonna LOVE these New Testament Candy Grams from the talented Marci Coombs! There are LOTS of different ways for you to use them and to make scripture reading FUN!
Minister to someone and get them excited about the new Come, Follow Me curriculum! Attach these tags to their matching candies and fill up a basket with goodies to deliver!
Get your kids excited about studying the scriptures together as a family. Fill up a basket with the candies and cards and leave it on a table close to where your family reads each night. As you read through the New Testament, whenever it’s someone’s turn to read the said scripture , they get to eat the treat!
Do you teach Sunday School and want a little handout to help your kids remember the particular scriptures that you studied during class time? See my list below to see which scripture and candy connects with each week and BAM! you’ve got yourself a fun little treat to pass out.
Another fun idea for a family game would be to place all of the candy in the middle of a table and then have each family member look up each scripture. If they can guess which candy goes with the scripture - they get to keep the candy!
Because who doesn’t need a little sweet treat with a sweet blessing? Discover 10 great New Testament scriptures that each coincide with a popular candy! The parenthesis indicate which lesson from the New Testament Come, Follow Me manual it coincides with as well.
- Matthew 3:16 go great with any Dove chocolate candy (Jan 28 - Feb 3)
- Mark 1:17 goes well with Swedish Fish or any other fun fish candy (Jan 28 - Feb 3)
- John 3:16 can go with any heart shaped candy (Feb 11 - 17)
- Luke 6:36 pairs with any type of M&Ms (Feb 18 - 24)
- Matthew 5:13 is best with salt water taffy or salt rock candy (Feb 18 - 24)
- Matthew 11:28 is great with a Take 5 (March 11 - 17)
- Matthew 13:8 goes well with fruit snacks, Fruit Stripe gum, or even fruit (March 18 - 24)
- Matthew 19:17 pairs with a Mr. Goodbar (April 1 - 14)
- Romans 5:12 is perfect with a pack of Lifesavers (August 5 - 11)
- 2 Corinthians 7:4 goes well with an Almond Joy (Sept 9 - 15)
Please remember when sharing, you can share this blog post but you may NOT link directly to the printable itself. Thank you for your support!
Like this New Testament freebie? Pin it so others can find them too!