It's that time of year again! General Conference time! Are you ready for a power packed weekend full of the answers you need? Reflect back 6 months ago and remember the things that worked for you and your family and those that didn't go so well. Do you need a new busy activity, different snacks maybe, or a new journal because you filled yours up? Peruse this giant list for ways to improve upon your experience then head over to More Than a General Conference Packet for more ideas to keep the Spirit nearby all weekend long.
Preparing Before General Conference
Get ready up to a month before General Conference begins with these preparation ideas. You can pass off Personal Progress requirements, follow FHE plans, and countdown to the big weekend.
- Modern Day Miners from Sugardoodle- Prepare your children with this lesson, activity, and printables
- How to Help Your Kids Prepare for General Conference- A free 6 day study to understand why we have General Conference and how to prepare for it
- How to Enjoy LDS General Conference as a Couple- Ideas to do before Conference starts, during, and after
Make a 'Plan' to watch General Conference from Little LDS Ideas- This is a great Young Women's handout idea or for your family. Prepare each day for Conference.
Prepare for General Conference from Little LDS Ideas- Print these cards out for FHE and talk about ways you can prepare for Conference as a family and as an individual
The Prophet Speaks to Us at General Conference from Little LDS Ideas- Although it's meant for Sharing Time, this would make a great FHE lesson
Resources for Teaching Children about Following the Prophet from Keep Moving Forward with Me- Great ideas to implement as you gear up to hear from the Prophet.
Make your predictions on which apostles will speak when with my General Conference session sheets. These go great with my General Conference sticky notes.
Do you need new ideas for taking notes at General Conference. Here are ideas to get your whole family involved.
- My Free General Conference Mapping Note Pages- Pages for the First Presidency, 12 Apostles, other leaders, and more. Use the Action Sheet page for a review after Conference is over and the Question sheet as you prepare for Conference (Pictured above). These are even great to use as you teach from General Conference in your Relief Society or Elders Quorum.
- Want to use your own notebook instead? Use my General Conference Sticky Notes. All you have to do is peel and stick as you take your notes throughout the weekend. They can also double as a fun game.
- General Conference Notebook- The Church has recently been adding a notebook with their New Era the month before Conference. September 2019's can be accessed here. Print past as well copies for your family: April 2019's notebook, April 2018's notebook or October 2018 Notebook.
- The Ultimate General Conference Kit from the Redheaded Hostess includes flipbooks, study kits, and doctrinal flashcards. It's a great little kit that you'll be able to use for years with various ages.
- Uniball pens are by far my favorite to use when writing. They glide easily and look beautiful. However, if you want some great colored pens for more fun, check these Fineliner Color Pens out.
- LDS General Conference Mini Doodle Journal from A Lively Hope- 7 great doodling journal pages
- General Conference Study Journal from My Computer is My Canvas- Easy to assemble a whole notebook with these pages and use it over and over again plus create some coordinating pens and bookmark.
- General Conference Editable Notebook from Time Savors- Love this idea of making a before and after notebook to record your questions, commentary, and answers.
- General Conference Clipboard from Live Craft Eat- Make one for easy note taking or for activities
- Labels for General Conference from the Mormon Home- I love this idea because you can easily stick them in your journal as you go and have anything in the order of the speakers.
- Sacred Journals- Add the stickers from The Mormon Home above to your personalized Sacred Journal to help your family remember the value of spiritual things.
- General Conference Packets for Teens- from Or So She Says- great way to get the older ones to watch and take things in.
Activities for Conference
Everything from quiet games and coloring pages to activity packets, this section is packed with things you to help you and your family get the most out of General Conference.
A General Conference Store is lots of fun. Get everything you need to make it happen including ways to earn the rewards at The Red Headed Hostess.
There are all kinds of great General Conference activities on ChurchofJesusChrist.org including Bingo, coloring pages, and note taking pages.
Maeser Art has some great free activity packets for General Conference sure to keep people busy.
Latter-day Saint Apostles Bingo- Hang a board on your wall and fill it out throughout the weekend- mark off each person as they speak. When your family gets a Bingo, break out a special activity or treat.
General Conference Play Dough Mats- print my free pages to finish the scenes with play dough!
General Conference Brick Game- Free printable from LDS Lane that allows you to collect Legos as different words are said then create something.
General Conference Bingo from My Computer Is My Canvas- Colorful and fun game to help your family listen for key words as they practice reverence.
Fun Crayola Markers- If you're going to color, do it right and grab some fun markers to help you. I gave my girls these Crayola Glitter Markers when we went on our 2 week road trip and they definitely held their attention for a while (I love using them too). Have a serious colorer on your hands? Try Crayola's PowerLines Markers. They make it easy to go from thick to thin lines.
Color Like a Chicken Coloring Book- Tons of LDS coloring pages to help your little ones be quiet during the sessions. It also includes several activity pages for those more active hands. Discover more LDS coloring pages including some that are great for teens in LDS Coloring Pages You Need to Know About.
Kids General Conference Notebook and Activities from Time Savors- Full of games, note taking ideas, and listening cards.
General Conference Activity Book from Printastic Design- 28 page half booklet with coloring, notes, and more.
LDS Paper Dolls from Lily and Thistle- Baptism, church, missionary, and wedding outfits
Conference I Spy from Little LDS Ideas- Check these items off as you find them.
Conference Sundaes from Little LDS Ideas- Earn points throughout Conference to earn a sweet reward. Also includes several other activity pages.
Gingerbread General Conference Center- Decorate and eat after all the sessions are over
Conference Go Fish from Little LDS Ideas- Play to get everyone excited or use it in between sessions
General Conference Dominoes- Another great game from Little LDS Ideas.
What about the food! Here a few great snack and meal ideas. Plus one idea for what to do with your Conference Ensign.
Print out your weekend checklist to help you keep your head on straight.
Plan ahead with slow cooker or freezer meals so you can have a no fuss weekend. I use the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook a lot.
A Berry Simple Summer Dessert from the Organic Kitchen- So easy and yummy! It's a great snack or even quick breakfast
Spiced Pear and Pomegranate Crostini from Good Life Eats- Now this sounds like an excellent snack
Banana Split Bites from Simplee Thrifty- Simple, fun, and delicious- a perfect Conference snack
Make your Cinnamon Rolls in only an hour! I love the little twist on the frosting in the recipe too.
Still need more ideas? There are even more ideas on my Pinterest Latter-day Saint General Conference board! I shared my favorites here though.