The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 12: I Am Thankful for Animals is to feel gratitude to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for animals
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- This is a fun animal mix up game from Kimberly Bourne Design- I Am Thankful for Animals File Folder Game (plus bonus coloring page).
- Animal bowling would be great for this lesson too.
- There is a fun I Spy Animal activity in The Red Headed Hostess lesson packet plus lots more.
- Make this cereal rainbow craft as part of the Noah's ark story.
The following are all LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"All Creatures of Our God and King"- Hymn #62 (no words online due to copyright)
"The World is So Big"- Children's Songbook pg. 235
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Children's Songbook pg. 231
"Beauty Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 232
"Happy Song"- Children's Songbook pg. 264
"In the Leafy Treetops"- Children's Songbook pg. 240
"Birds in the Tree"- Children's Songbook pg. 241
My Primary 1 Lesson 12: I Am Thankful for Animals handout packets includes
- Noah Ark's file folder game- Cut out the animals and place them on the ark. You can also cut up the animals and put them in a bag. Each child can pick an animal out and act it out.
Animal Jingles- Easy clues to guess the animals
Animal Matchup- Memory game with animals
Animal Riddles- Figure out the animals
Bird Ornament- Scroll down a little for these easy instructions
Butterfly Wings- Finger play
For the Birds- Solve the clues and guess the birds
Go Fishing- Color the dots to discover the picture
Mixed-up Animals- Match the scriptures to the animal
Noah's Ark- Put the animals on the ark
Who Caught the Fish?- Which one has the fish
Creatures Revealed- Discover camouflaged animals