The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 37: I Can Be Honest is to strengthen everyone's desire to be honest.
- If you have an older class, this lesson packet from Hatch Patch includes cut outs, a game, and more.
- Use the cards from Primary 1 Lesson 16 to go with Enrichment Activity 1. For example, with the ball card, say this is a square. Then have the kids correct you by saying, "Be honest."
- Check out the great Truth or Lie activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"If You're Happy"- Children's Songbook pg. 266
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"I Believe in Being Honest"- Children's Songbook pg. 149
"A Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 22
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
"The Thirteenth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 132
"Stand for the Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"Jesus Once Was a Little Child"- Children's Songbook pg. 55
"Book of Mormon Stories"- Children's Songbook pg. 118 (see verse 6)
My Primary 1 Lesson 37 Handout Packet includes
- Stripling Warriors coloring page
- Puppets to go with Enrichment Activity 3
Not a lot on honesty. If you want to see more activities related to keeping the commandments, see Primary 3 Lesson 3.
Trains- Use these train cars to talk about all the different things are included with being honest
Seek and Find- Look for the hidden objects (need to be able to read or you can draw the objects on the board)
We Do Not Doubt- Dot to Dot and coloring page
Stripling Warriors Game- Board game that you'd have to adapt for the age by changing the questions to some in the manual instead.