The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 43: We Have a Living Prophet is to understand that we are blessed as we follow the prophet.
- Susan Fitch Design has several prophets with scenes graphics in this Follow the Prophet Clipart that makes this lesson easy to teach.
- Share fun facts about President Thomas S. Monson with your class.
- Play the Prophet Matching Game that is included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
- You can also have fun with these Prophet Puzzles from Green Jell-o with Carrot
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Follow the Prophet"- Children's Songbook pg. 110
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Latter-day Prophets"- Children's Songbook pg. 134
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 36
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"Stand for the Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden"- Children's Songbook pg. 237
"The Sixth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 126
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172 (Army of Helaman)
My Primary 1 Lesson 43 handout packet includes
- Follow the Prophet cut outs- place them around the room for a fun game!
Follow the Prophet- Find the hidden objects
Follow the Prophet- Maze
Heavenly Father Speaks to Us through His Prophets- Booklet of all the modern prophets and apostles (you'd have to add the 3 new apostles)
Living Prophets Teach Me to Choose the Right- Put the apostles and prophets in their chairs for General Conference (older version so you'll have to print out pictures of the 3 new apostles)
Prophets- Called of God for Us- Prophet Stick Figures
Blessings Come When We Follow the Prophet- Match the prophet with his teachings
Follow the Prophets' Examples- Match prophets' works with their pictures
God Tells His Prophets- Mobile
Listen to a Prophet's Voice- Slider boxes
Heed the Prophets- Follow What They Say- Frame a picture of President Monson
Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice- Mormonad
The Living Christ- Testimony of the Apostles
Thomas S. Monson- Short biography and picture of President Thomas S. Monson