The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 45: The Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Easter) is to understand that Jesus Christ was resurrected.
- Use my Resurrection Morning scene included in my Golden Easter Fun printable kit to share the Easter story. You can send the class home with their own scene or a bag of goodies too.
- There are a few really cute file folder games that go along with the Primary 1 lessons. The one for this lesson is called Heavenly Father Has a Plan for Us File Folder Game. I recommend checking them all out as she does a really good job.
- You can use some of the #PRINCEofPEACE printables for this lesson as well. My Chicken and Eggs printable would be fun to send home.
- See additional LDS Easter resources in my Easter list.
The following are all links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise noted.
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Did Jesus Really Live Again?"- Children's Songbook pg. 64
"Jesus Has Risen"- Children's Songbook pg. 70
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
"Jesus is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"Easter Hosanna"- Children's Songbook pg. 68
"He Died That We Might Live Again"- Children's Songbook pg. 65
"He Sent His Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 34
"Hosanna"- Children's Songbook pg. 66
"On a Golden Springtime"- Children's Songbook pg. 88
My Primary 1 Lesson 45 Handout Packet includes
- Colored Jesus Christ Loves Me posters- boy and girl version. Get a photo of each student and glue their head on the bodies then laminate or frame so they can have a constant reminder. These are great for kids to look at during the sacrament.
- Coloring page version of Jesus Christ Loves Me posters- boy and girl version. Bring googley eyes, yarn, and other fun coloring things like glitter markers (my kids love these).
An Easter Testimony- Put the pictures in order to unscramble the message.
He Sent His Son- Booklet that can easily be put into eggs too
Jesus Christ Lives- Put these pictures in order
Picturing Easter- A simple puzzle
The Easter Story- Pictures telling the story
Easter Week- Cut the pictures out to talk about the events that led up to Easter Sunday.
Easter: A story for you to tell- Small pictures to tell the story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection
Easter Footsteps- A map showing some key events the few days before His crucifixion
Joy to the World- Poster...there would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter
Easter Images and Memes- 2 pages of great ones to use. Include them in Easter eggs, use them as Easter cards for friends and family, or just decorate with them. Also see this collection of Easter images.
The First Easter- Rebus Story
Jesus Walks on Water (scroll down)
Easter and the Signs of Spring (comes with a story)