Primary 3 Lesson 1: Choose the Right- The purpose of this lesson is to learn that choosing the right will help them follow Jesus Christ.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a great lesson packet for this one. Play a game, take the 7 day challenge, and more.
- Use these fun animal name tags for the attention activity. Ask the children if they know why they were given their name. Make a slideshow of other people in your ward and leaders of the church as you talk about the meanings of other names as mentioned in the manual.
- Play Choices & Consequences Board Game with your class to introduce this topic (and the theme for the year). It's like Chutes and Ladders but with a LDS spin.
- Pass out chocolates with these cute wrappers from My Computer Is My Canvas.
- If you have an older class, they may prefer this Choose the Right coloring page.
- Make a Choose the Right meter for your class. As you tell each story and ask the questions in the manual, have someone move the arrow on the meter. You can either draw the meter on the board and use a paper arrow with a magnet or make it out of cardboard at home.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Choose the Right Way- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"I'm Trying to be like Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 78
"I Need My Heavenly Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 18
"The Still Small Voice"- Children's Songbook pg. 106
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
My Primary 3 Lesson 1 handout packet includes:
- CTR hidden picture- find 8 shields
- I Can Choose the Right drawing page
If you like these helps, show it by supporting my Facebook page.
Choose the Right Way- Maze with choices leading to feeling happy or not so great
If the Savior Stood Beside Me- Diorama with figures of a boy and girl and the Savior
CTR Game- Memory game
Choose the Right- Guess which saying is which language
I'm a Mormon. I Know it. I Live it. I Love it- Bright Ideas poster
Courage- Bright Ideas Poster
Agency is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves- Roll the dice and answer the questions
Living the Gospel Blesses My Family- Match the footprints- blessings to which action
Choosing the Right- Word puzzle
Article of Faith 2- Crossword Puzzle
My Choices Have Consequences- Wheel to make with scriptures to read of the consequences of different actions