The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 35: Temples and Eternal Families is to understand that families can be together forever.
- Younger classes will enjoy this I Love to See the Temple File Folder game from Green Jell-o with Carrot.
- Put a picture of your local temple on the wall where everyone can see it then go on a journey to get there- climbing over obstacles, through tunnels, etc.
- If you are in the USA, bring a big map of the states and discover where all these Temple Cards are on the map. There are fun facts on the back too so you can read more about your temple.
- Play the Journey to the Temple board game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
I'm Going There Someday- For Little Friends (about 2 minutes)
My Primary 3 Lesson 35 handout packet includes
- Temple coloring page
- Family chain strips to go with Enrichment Activity 1
Building a Temple- Glue these pieces together to make a temple
Evelyn's Temple Testimony- Story with a Hidden picture
Temple Hidden Picture- Hidden pictures
Preparing for the Temple- A hidden picture activity but you could use it as a visual to talk about how we prepare or how families are forever
My Family Can Be Forever- As you talk about different points, have a child hang the ornament on a branch
The Temple is a Happy Place- Color than make this mobile that talks about why we have temples. You could just glue the pieces together instead.
Together Forever- Make this 3D model as a visual for your lesson
Spot the Differences- Spot the differences
Temple Cards- Give one to every child to take home. There are 15 sets of these: December 2011, September 2007, April 2005, January 2002, February 2002, March 2002, April 2002, May 2002, June 2002, July 2002, August 2002, September 2002, October 2002, November 2002, December 2002.
The Temple- I'm Going There Someday- Board game. Use the board then make up your own way to play it that is right for your class- show pictures of temples and have them point to different things, answer simple questions from the manual, etc.
The Temple Is a House of God- Which family is ready to go to the temple and why
You Are Never Lost When You Can See the Temple- Bright Idea poster
40 Years in the Making- Mormonad
Look Ahead- Mormonad
Peace on Earth- Mormonad
Set Your Sights- Mormonad
A Special Day (framed Temple picture)
Salt Lake Temple (top of the temple with a dot to dot but could color)
Temple Blessings Unite Families (family in front of temple)
The Temple is a Blessing for Me and My Family (4 squares with a person and temple to color- last square to draw self or you could glue a picture of your local temple inside- see the Temple Gallery on LDS.org here)
I Can Prepare to Be Worthy to Go to the Temple (children in front of a temple)