The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 22: The Atonement of Jesus Christ is to realize that we can repent because of Christ's Atonement for us.
- Sugardoodle also has a great object lesson and thematic printables that would go with this lesson as well.
- Remember Lesson 10 also talked about repentance. My handouts for that lesson include the steps of repentance that you may want to print out again for review.
- You can also use the bear idea found at Pergler's Primary Place.
- The Red Headed Hostess class packet includes a great Road to Repentance visual aid.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Is Faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ Written in Our Hearts" by Sister Linda K. Burton
"Bear Up Their Burdens with Ease" by Elder David A. Bednar
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"He Died That We Might Live Again"- Children's Songbook pg. 65
"He Sent His Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 34
"Help Us, O God, to Understand"- Children's Songbook pg. 73
"I Lived in Heaven"- Children's Songbook pg. 4
"The Third Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 123
"To Think about Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 71
"Help Me, Dear Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 99
"Repentance"- Children's Songbook pg. 98
"I Want to Live the Gospel"- Children's Songbook pg. 148
My Primary 3 Lesson 22 Handout Packet includes
- Characters in the Alma story to make into puppets. Make it extra fun by bringing in other props for puppet scenery.
- Scripture in D&C 19:16 with the handout in Enrichment Activity 2
- Remember, you can print all the Article of Faith posters here.
Article of Faith 3- Coloring Challenge
The Atonement- (scroll down; older classes) Fill in the blank scriptures
Jesus Christ Is My Savior- Look up the scriptures as you put the fruit on the tree
Jesus Christ's Atonement Is the Greatest Gift of Love- (older classes) Word search and crossword puzzle
Promised Blessings- (older classes) Fill in the blanks to solve the puzzle
Repentance and the Atonement- Booklet
Our Savior, Jesus Christ- Atonement poster
Travis Learns About Repentance- A pictured story about choosing wrong and saying sorry.
Showing Sorry- Help Eli say sorry in this maze
I Choose the Right When I Am Baptized- Word Jumble game
What is Repentance?- Unscramble the shapes to fill in the blanks
A Message from Alma- (older classes) Decode the message
Shield of Faith- Includes 4 principles, 2 relating to saying sorry: forgiveness and repentance. Can cut out and attach cardboard to make sturdier (old cereal boxes work well) or just add a loop to the back so you can hold it like a shield
Repentance- Shows what repentance is (can turn it into a hanging triangle)
Jonah Repents- Story of Jonah's repentance
I Love My Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Restored Gospel- boy hanging pictures