Primary 2 Lesson 41: Jesus Christ is Our Savior- The purpose of this lesson is to understand that because Jesus Christ was resurrected, we will be too.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Hide Easter eggs around the room and go over the Easter story with this Scripture Countdown. Number the eggs so you read through them in order.
- For younger classes, try this Easter file folder game that goes over the Resurrection and includes coloring pages.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Jesus Christ: Our Savior and Redeemer" by President Ezra Taft Benson
"'Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King'" by Elder Neal A. Maxwell
"He is Risen!"- Hymn #199
"Did Jesus Really Live Again?"- Children's Songbook pg. 64
"Had I Been A Child"- Children's Songbook pg. 80
"He Died That We Might Live Again"- Children's Songbook pg. 65
"He Sent His Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 34
"On a Golden Springtime"- Children's Songbook pg. 88
"The Lord Gave Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
"Jesus Has Risen"- Children's Songbook pg. 70
"The Third Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 123
My Primary 2 Lesson 41 handout packet includes
- Puzzle pieces with questions that go with the Activity in the manual plus 4 extra questions for a total of 12 pieces.
- Sheep coloring page- Put this on the other side of the puzzle pieces so you see the sheep picture. A child takes the puzzle off like it says in the manual and reads the questions revealing another picture underneath.
- "We will live again" coloring page
- Go through the Easter story while coloring your own resurrection scene as a class
If you like these lesson helps, please pin it so others can discover them too. Thanks!
You may want to use some some of the resources in our Easter Activities Round Up with this lesson.
Jesus Christ is My Savior and Redeemer- Mary at the Tomb but this time a dot-to-dot
The First Easter- Rebus story of the resurrection (rebus means there are pictures in place of some words)
You Are Eternal- Directions on puppet object lesson for the resurrection
The Beautiful Day- Words from President Monson that includes 2 activities
He Lives!- Scene cut outs to help tell the story
An Easter Testimony- Organize the events and discover the answer to Joseph Smith's words
Easter ABC Fill-in- (better for older kids) Fill in the blanks A to Z as you talk about the Resurrection
Easter Footsteps- Use the map to tell what happened during the week before the Resurrection
He Sent His Son- Easter story book to color and fold
Jesus Christ Lives- Order the events in life of Jesus
Picturing Easter- A countdown to Easter but you could do the activities in class to reveal the picture
The Easter Story- A collage of pictures to tell the story of the Resurrection
Joy to the World- A Easter poster- there would be no Christmas if there was no Easter