Primary 2 Lesson 46: Jesus Christ is the Greatest Gift (Christmas)- The purpose of this lesson is to appreciate the gift of our Savior.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- These Nativity Manger Nugget Wrappers would be a perfect addition to this lesson.
- The Nativity Flipbook from The Red Headed Hostess would also make a nice addition to this lesson.
- See more lesson helps and activities in our Classroom Christmas post
The following links are for LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Jesus Christ is Born- Illustrated scripture story about 1 1/2 minutes
A Light Unto All: A Christmas Gift (about 5 1/2 minutes)- The gift is the same no matter what language you speak.
My Primary 2 Lesson 46 handout packet includes
- Easy to finish Christmas coupons to go with the Card Activity in the manual
- You may also want to use the Build Your Own Christmas Scenes as a part of your lesson. It includes a Nativity scene, the Wise Men Coming, Shepherds Seeing the Angel, and what happened among the Nephites.
Don't worry! I'll be here to help you through next year too!
Christmas Tree Matching- match the symbols to their meaning
The Christmas Story- find the differences between these two reenactments
The Christmas Story- (scroll down) Use the pictures to tell the story or make them into ornaments like the idea above it.
Make Your Own Manger- Cute craft with a simple paper bag
Nativity Craft- Simple stable to make plus learn how to draw a sheep
Nativity Cut-outs- Make this pop out scene of the nativity
Nativity Figures and facts- Match the facts to the pictures; mix them up or play it like memory
Star of Bethlehem- How many times can you find the word star
The Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit- Word search (older kids)
The Greatest Gift- Make these ornaments and talk about the scriptures
The Wondrous Nativity- Make a pop out nativity scene
I am the Light of the World- Bright Idea poster
Come Unto Christ- Bright Idea poster- If you can plan ahead and take a picture of your class. Then cut out the picture of the children and replace with your class picture
God So Loves You- Mormonad
Isaiah Prophesies of Jesus Christ's Birth (manger scene)
Jesus Christ is Born (manger scene)
The Nativity (pieces to color and glue to make a scene)
The Christmas Story (split scene- one with the shepherds, one in the manger)
The First Christmas (Wise men dot to dot and coloring)
Jesus Grew Up in a Righteous Family (close up of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus)