Primary 2 Lesson 15: Come Follow Me- The purpose of this lesson is to strengthen each child's desire to follow Jesus.
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Use the coloring pages below to show something Jesus has done then ask how we can follow His example.
- Use the interactive story pieces to get your class involved in the lesson- included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
- Make flip flops out of pipe cleaners and foam cut outs to represent following Christ (or head to the dollar store for some real ones).
- Bring butcher paper with the words, "I will follow Jesus." Then have your class walk over the the banner, leaving their footprints behind. Since paint would be too messy for church, you can try some chalk on the bottom of their shoes before walking across so it leaves a bigger mark. Just be careful- it will rub off easily!
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"I'll Walk with You"- Children's Songbook pg. 140
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Christ and the Rich Young Man"- About 2 1/2 minutes long
"Come Follow Me"- Elder Holland's words, 2 minutes long
Follow Him- An Easter Message about Jesus Christ (about 2 minutes)- This one come out this year and is perfect for this lesson.
The Coat (about 2 minutes)- Story about giving selflessly to help another (about Heber J. Grant)
My Primary 2 Lesson 15 handout packet includes
- I Will Follow Jesus scene to color- Get the children to add themselves in the boat or running to shore to follow Jesus. They can also add some fish stickers in the water and net. Tired of coloring pages? See how you make them so much more with these 6 ways to use the same coloring page.
- 3 sets of footprints as per the preparation section of the manual
If you like these helps, please pin it so others can find them too!
Follow Jesus Christ- Make a kindness bouquet
Star Puzzle- For older classes, solve the puzzle (answer is Come Follow Me)
Going on a Errand for the Lord- President Monson shares a story then look at the pictures to see how you can help.
I Can Follow Jesus Christ's Example- Use the picture to show ways that we follow in His footsteps. Journaling activities for the older classes as well.
What Does Jesus Christ Want me to Do?- Color the picture then make the slider to remember to follow in His footsteps.
"You Found Me, Bishop!"- Use the story from President Monson and the activities with it- one is a story with pictures.
The Prince of Peace- Can make this booklet as a reminder to follow Him
Listen to a Prophet's Voice- About following the prophet but you can tie it into follow in the Savior's footsteps; a fun craft and coloring project.
Following the Savior's Path- Pictures to talk about the Savior's life and ways to follow Him.
I'll Follow Him in Faith- Poster to print
"Come Unto Christ"- Make this viewer for a reminder
"I'll Follow Him in Faith"- This is a cross stitch pattern but you can use it as a coloring sheet- the shapes as different colors.
What can I do to follow Heavenly Father's plan for me?- Read these answers from Elder Richard G. Scott- poster
I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him- Fill out the 10 commandments on these tablets
Keep the Commandments- Figure out the commandment in this word puzzle
Commandments- Paste the picture in the right box.
Showing the Way- Maze and story from President Thomas S. Monson
Living the Commandments- Make 3 jars with these labels then write down when you notice people keeping these commandments and add it to the jar. You could do this for a couple of weeks.
I Have Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (children gathered around Jesus)