The purpose of teaching Primary 2 Lesson 25: Remember to Say "Thank You" is to encourage each other to say Thank You.
These are a few bonus ideas-keep scrolling for more!
- Use the glove idea from Faith Sprouts to tell the story of the 10 lepers.
- Bring some rolls of toilet paper and act out the story. Your class will love wrapping each out up in toilet paper for bandages.
- Use the dice included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet to practice gratitude.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
The 10th Leper (about 5 1/2 minutes)- President M. Russell Ballard discusses the story of the 10 lepers with seminary students
The Ten Lepers (about 1 minute)- Illustrated scripture story
Thanksgiving Daily- Remember to notice the wonders and beauty of the world in this almost 2 minute video
In the Spirit of Thanksgiving- A five minute video with various different answers to the question "What are you thankful for?"
"I Have Two Ears"- Children's Songbook pg. 269
"I'm Thankful to Be Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 11
"I Thank Thee, Dear Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 7
"A Song of Thanks"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
"For Thy Bounteous Blessings"- Children's Songbook pg. 21
"Thanks to Our Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
My Primary 2 Lesson 25 handout packet includes
- People I Can Thank handout- draw in the faces and hair or even glue on some googly eyes
- I Am Thank For handout- draw pictures inside the circles or cut out pictures in magazines to glue in
- 3 different Thank You cards- plan ahead for this lesson and send one in the mail to your class before you teach (Enrichment Activity 6)
- Jaredite coloring sheet to go with Enrichment Activity 5
- This would be a super fun lesson to hand out Thank You stickers every time someone does something nice. I like these multi lingual Thank You stickers.
If you appreciate these helps, please pin it so others can find them too! Thanks!
Looks like this lesson is extremely similar to last week's. There are fun Enrichment Activities to do though at the end of the lesson mentioned in the manual. All the helps below are the same as last week. However, I've made more printables so you can have something different to choose from. Happy Teaching and Thank YOU for being a primary teacher!
Happy Heart- (Older classes) Crossword puzzle about the 10 Lepers
Help Me See My Blessings- Find the hidden objects (scroll down)
Gratitude Tree- Instructions and templates for leaves- make one as a class
A Box of Blessings- A fun accordion box to keep reminders of your blessings
A Prophet's Counsel- (Older classes) Decode the message from the prophet
Be a Sunbeam for Jesus- Copy this sun to make thank you cards
Count Your Blessings- Follow the line through the park to find things for which to be thankful.
Count Your Blessings- (Older Classes) Complete the sentences- would be great made into a book
Every Blessing That I Enjoy Here- Memory Game
Scripture Journal- Scroll down and find the door hanger that you can write or draw pictures of blessings on (or use stickers).
Showing Thanks- (Scroll down) Read some ways we can show thanks then draw of picture with your own idea.
Thankful- Use the first page to make into a booklet then draw something on the last page to share at FHE.
Thankfulness- (Older classes) Decode the message
Take a Gratitude Challenge- (Scroll Down) Older classes can write down their answers and younger ones could just share answers out loud.
Live in Thanksgiving Daily- Bright Idea Poster
When Thou Risest in the Morning- Bright Idea Poster