The purpose in teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 41: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego is to help everyone want to be valiant in their testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Review the fundamentals of a testimony and use a few more ideas in this Sharing Time post.
- Use this object lesson of an orange in water when you discuss Enrichment Activity 5.
- If you have a more hands on class, they may enjoy this fiery furnace craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Be Valiant in Your Testimony- Quotes from President Benson about 2 minutes
Stripling Warriors- Elder Ballard talks about the stripling warriors and how valiant they are (about 2 1/2 minutes)
We Believe in Christ: Personal Testimony(about 3 minutes)- Youth share their testimonies of the Savior.
Book of Mormon Testimonies (about 4 minutes)- General Authorities share why it is so important to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
He Lives: Testimonies of Jesus Christ (about 2 minutes)- Apostles bear their testimony of the living Christ
Dare to Stand Alone (about 4 1/2 minutes)- President Monson's story of courage
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"I Will Be Valiant"- Children's Songbook pg. 162
"I Know My Father Lives"- Children's Songbook pg. 5
"Stand for the Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"The Church of Jesus Christ"- Children's Songbook pg. 77
"I Am a Child of God"- Children's Songbook pg. 2
My LDS Primary 6 Lesson 41 handouts include
- Flames to tape on plastic cups. As your class answers questions, they get a chance to knock down the fire.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego figurine. Knock down the fire without knocking down these three. If you do, it all resets!
- Treasure map to chart your course to a valiant testimony.
If you like these handouts and helps, please pin it so others can find them too!
A Growing Testimony- Color a leaf for each sentence you agree with
Testimony Glove- Make this glove to practice your testimony
Gaining a Testimony- Solve the puzzle to figure out the best way to gain a testimony
How Can I Gain a Testimony- Color and match
I Have a Testimony of Jesus Christ- Build a stone wall of testimony
Our Testimony is Like a Snowball- Bright Idea poster
I Will Be His Servant- Activity about Ammon, a valiant servant
What is a Testimony? (Jesus with Children)
Why do I Need a Testimony (house)
Joseph Smith- Valiant Servant of God- Color and write how you will be valiant