These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- This file folder game includes simple 2 piece puzzles (from Kimberly Bourne Design).
- Since this lesson really outlines the song "I am a Child of God", the visuals from Sugardoodle.net are perfect for this lesson (scroll down to music- its the first one). You could hang them up around the room and march/dance/tiptoe as you go to each one. You could even put footprints going between each one.
- Kids love being able to help in a lesson so instead of going around the room looking at pictures; try having the kids come up and flipping the pictures over. You could mount them on paper plates and stick them to the chalkboard in order, you can make a flannel board, or even put them under the children's chairs or floor mats if you have a class that can do it. Or have have the children hold the pictures as you learn the song. Give out happy face stickers at the end to everyone because His plan makes us happy.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Families Can Be Together Forever"- Children's Songbook pg. 188
"The Third Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 123
My Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 2 handout packet includes
- Circle pendant with holes to punch- Punch all the holes then have the children use ribbon or shoelaces to thread it around the circle. Most probably won't make it perfectly around but lacing is a great activity for a lot of those in nursery. I would laminate these before lacing or glue the pendants on to thin cardboard pieces.
- Circle pendant- Color and punch a hole in the top to make into a necklace. There is a space on each one for you to write the child's name since you need to anyway.
Plan of Salvation File Folder- Turn this handout into a file folder game by having the children match up the pictures
Pictures of Jesus- If you want a different picture of Jesus to show or one of the atonement, the Gospel Art Kit is always a great place to look!
A Path for Me- Pictures to cut out and glue to make a pathway.
My Life is a Gift; My Life Has a Plan- A mobile that you can make beforehand for the lesson.
Plan of Salvation Booklet-This is a great booklet by The Friend about the plan of salvation. You could give these out to the kids or simply use them in your lesson.
Plan of Happiness Viewer-Here's a fun one. You would either have to make part or all of this at home beforehand then use it in your lesson or hand them out at the end.
Heavenly Father has a Plan for Me- Snowflake activity
The Greatest Gift- Fun puzzle that you could do with the lesson even
Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation- Cut and past to make this plan outline
When I Live with Heavenly Father- Finish the pictures
Take My Hand, Hold on Tight- Bright Idea poster