These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- This lesson and the next one are all about the body and taking care of it. Make a paper bag puppet this week and keep them to use during the lesson next week then send them home.
- The children won't be able to understand this video with narration from President Russell M. Nelson but there are several images of children and how bodies work. Watch it for a short bit and talk about what they see- jumping, smiling, etc. then have everyone in the classroom do it as well.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a lesson packet about how Heavenly Father has a body. It is intended for a Primary 1 lesson but would work really well for this one. I like included match the correct features games. You could even save part of the package for the next lesson.
- Make a paper doll chain. The children can color each one or get some smiley face stickers to stick on each head.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"A Smile Is like the Sunshine"- Children's Songbook pg. 267
"A Song of Thanks"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
"Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"- Children's Songbook pg. 275
"I Have Two Ears"- Children's Songbook pg. 269
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 228
"Popcorn Popping"- Children's Songbook pg. 242
"Thanks to Our Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
"The Lord Gave Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
"Two Little Eyes"- Children's Songbook pg. 268
My Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 9 Handout Packet includes
- Joseph Smith coloring page- Color or cut into big puzzle pieces for each child
- I Have a Body craft page- Comes in a boy and girl version with oversized clothes to represent our growing potential. Color the person then break out the foam shapes to stick around the border (or all over the page). Depending on your group of kids you may want to use the self-adhesive shapes or stick to glue.
My Busy Body- Poster about what you can do with your body- point and do the actions together
My Body- a Temple- Make this simple paper toy of a boy exercising
I Live in a Beautiful World- Color and decide which sense you would use to enjoy these creations
Thankful Hunt- Hunt for things in each of the 5 senses for which to be thankful
Marshmallow Animals- Use this idea to make people. Toothpicks and marshmallows- might want to get the blunt toothpicks or stirring straws instead.
The Love of God- Color and make a mobile or necklace
When I am Quite (includes a poem too)