The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 6: Heavenly Father and Jesus Love Me is to help each child feel the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Here is another beautiful file folder game from Kimberly Bourne Design that works well with this lesson.
- Start the lesson out by giving out hugs and heart stickers and telling each child that Jesus and Heavenly Father love them.
- Cover a piece of cardboard with foil and write on it, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me" so it's like a mirror. Let each child decorate it with some heart or other fun stickers then practice saying the phrase together.
- The Red Headed Hostess has another great class packet that you can use with this lesson or save time and money when you buy the combo packet now.
- Make sashes with the saying, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me." You can decorate these in class with stickers or color with crayons.
- Make some play dough or buy some and bring in loving cookie cutters to play with such as a heart. Use wax paper or a plastic tablecloth for easy clean up.
- Green Jell-O with Carrot also has a simple file folder game to use.
The following links are to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 228
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
"Jesus is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"I Feel My Savior's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 74
"Love One Another"- Children's Songbook pg. 136
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
"God's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 97
"Where Love Is"- Children's Songbook pg. 138
"A Child's Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 12
My Primary 1 Lesson 6 handout packet includes
- Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love... heart- Write the child's name after the word love and transform this heart into a pocket.
- Mini hearts with various images- Put these smaller hearts inside the larger heart pocket as you discuss different ways God shows His love for us.
- Please note, there are 2 versions of this handout- color or black and white to save you on some ink.
Jesus Loves Me- A great poster to use during your lesson
Jesus Christ Loves Everyone- A booklet to color and assemble.
Heavenly Father Loves You- A poster that you can use during the lesson and read quotes from President Thomas S. Monson
Heartful of Love- A heart full of love to color. Could be used for the next lesson too.
God is Love- Color in the boxes with hearts and see the message, "God is Love"
"I Love You This Much" Card- Great card idea. Could make the accordion part with words "Jesus loves you this much" then trace their hands and tape on in class.
"I Know That My Savior Loves Me"- Beautiful song with music sheet.
Love One Another- Scroll down and you'll find a booklet that you can print out, color, and put together that tells us how Jesus taught us to love one another. Or you could use this next week instead.
The Love of God mobile-Pictures that you could make into a mobile, a flip book. or cut and paste on to paper for another coloring activity.