Primary 1 Lesson 3: Heavenly Father's Plan for Us- The purpose of this lesson is to understand that we lived with Heavenly Father before we came to earth and we can live with Him again.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Kimberly Bourne Design created this great file folder game for this lesson.
- Use the same handouts from the Lesson 1 or 2 except this time, put Q-tips on the inside of the body for bones, plain bandaids on top for the skin, and a smile (or smiley sticker) to remind them that their Spirits are inside as well.
- Go over the basics of the Plan of Salvation with this file folder game from Green Jell-O with Carrot. Prefer a black and white copy? Bellflower Blue Studios has a version you can use.
- Depending on the maturity of your class, you may want to use the handout from Primary 3 Lesson 2 as you go over the last part of the lesson- "Heavenly Father wants us to return to him someday."
- The Red Headed Hostess, has a lesson packet with 5 learning activities
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise noted.
"I Need My Heavenly Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 18
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- Children's Songbook pg. 177
The Three Kingdoms of Heaven (about 4 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Our Heavenly Father's Plan (about 4 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Before the Old Testament (about 3 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story
Our Eternal Life (about 4 minutes)- We are eternal beings- answers the basic questions
My Primary 1 Lesson 3 handout packet includes
- A "I am a child of God with an earthly home" coloring page. Have the children add themselves to the photo and add some foil star stickers to the background! If you have time, write down the one good thing they say about themselves on the sheet as suggested in Enrichment Activity 1.
The Plan of Happiness- Booklet
A Path for Me- Glue these pictures on to make a path back to Heavenly Father
Heavenly Father Loves Me, and He Has a Plan for Me- Making paper snowflakes activity
I Know God's Plan- These are fun! Make a viewer explaining God's plan
My Life is a Gift; My Life Has a Plan- Plan of Salvation cut outs- use for a visual or make the mobile
Our Beautiful World: Part of the Plan- Find where you live and draw of picture of yourself
The Greatest Gift- Great to do with the lesson- puzzle that covers a picture of the temple
The Plan of Salvation Offers Me Peace- Put together this Plan of Salvation diagram- puzzle like
When I Lived with Heavenly Father- Complete the picture
Take My Hand. Hold On Tight- Bright Idea poster