The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 18: I Am Thankful for My Ears is to appreciate what our ears can do.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Finding activities specifically about ears gets a little tricky; even about just the body is hard to find. Most of the links are also in the previous lessons since it's been all about the body.
- If you are using the body drawing activity, color the ears this lesson. You can put pictures of animals and other things next to the ears to show the sounds we hear.
- These paper plate ears from Mama Jean would be great to make or use this headband printable instead.
- Play telephone! Get two cups and attach a string between the bottom of the two. You can have the children practice making animal noises into one cup while the other tries to guess which animal it is.
- The Red Headed Hostess also has a great class packet with more ideas and printables.
The following links are LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 1 Lesson 18 handout packet includes
- 3 settings sheets- "Outside I Hear," "At Church I Hear," and "At Home I Hear"
- 12 Sound Cards
Play as a Game- Set the three scenes on the floor then have one child at a time pick a random sound card and match it to the correct scene.
Use it as a Craft- Cut out the sound cards and have the children glue the sounds on the different scenes. Note- many of the sound cards go with multiple scenes to make it easy.
I Live in a Beautiful World- Color and decide which sense you would use to enjoy these creations
Thankful Hunt- Hunt for things in each of the 5 senses for which to be thankful
When I am Quiet (includes a poem too)
Heavenly Father Loves You (family)