The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 8: I Am Thankful for the Day and the Night is to understand that following Heavenly Father's plan, Jesus Christ created the day so we can work and play and the night so we can rest.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Here's a great Day and Night File Folder Game from Kimberly Bourne Design- I like the day and night wheel!
- Super size this lesson with these Jumbo cut-outs for Samuel the Lamanite from Latter-day Chatter.
- This is the start of several lessons about God's creations. Consider making a booklet and adding to it each week. At the end of the creation lessons, you can send the booklet home with the children to share with their families.
- Use the great activities found at The Red Headed Hostess including a fun fishing activity in the class packet for this lesson.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"The World Is So Lovely"- Children's Songbook pg. 233
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
"The World is So Big"- Children's Songbook pg. 235
"Fun to Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 253
"I Am like a Star"- Children's Songbook pg. 163
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"- Children's Songbook pg. 60
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Children's Songbook pg. 231
"Beauty Everywhere"- Children's Songbook pg. 232
"Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 36
My Primary 1 Lesson 8 handout packet includes
- Coloring page of Samuel the Lamanite's prophecy
- Cut-outs of the sun and stars, etc to glue on to black and white paper as stated in Enrichment Activity 1. Stickers would be much more fun than this cut-outs though if you can get some. These gold star stickers would be great on black paper and these sparkly sun stickers would be fun on the day side.
A Beautiful Earth- Find the matching scenes in the picture. Includes a story at the beginning
A Beautiful World- Another match the scene
Enjoying the Earth- Circle the similar items in each picture
Our Beautiful World: Part of the Plan- Find where you live or just use it as a frame
Sun, Moon, and Stars Mobile- Simple mobile
The Creation- Each Day was Gift- Flannel story figures to color
The Heavens Declare the Glory of God- Bright Ideas poster
What Am I?- Figure out what the object is through the close up views
My Creation Book- Easy to make booklet
I Live in a Beautiful World- Discover the creations using the five senses
The Earth: God's Beautiful Creation- Color and thread to make this fun decoration
Book of Mormon Scripture Figures- Samuel the Lamanite figures to tell the story- put them on a popsicle sticks to tell the story together
Samuel the Lamanite- Scripture figures to color
When I Lived with My Heavenly Father (you could cut this one up and turn it into a booklet)
Wonders (Includes a poem)
Book of Mormon Stories (Samuel the Lamanite)