The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 9: I am Thankful for Water is to appreciate Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because they gave us water.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Here is another wonderful file folder game from Kimberly Bourne Designs that is great for this lesson.
- Print these CTR water bottle labels as a fun treat for your class (from LDS Printable).
- The Red Headed Hostess includes a matching game and other fun activities.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Fun to Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 253
"Rain Is Falling All Around"- Children's Songbook pg. 241
"'Give, 'Said the Little Stream"- Children's Songbook pg. 236
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Children's Songbook pg. 231
"Beauty Everywhere"- Children's Songbook pg. 232
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 228
"Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?"- Children's Songbook pg. 245
"When I Am Baptized"- Children's Songbook pg. 103
"When Jesus Christ Was Baptized"- Children's Songbook pg. 102
"This is My Beloved Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 76
"Baptism"- Children's Songbook pg. 100
"Before I Take the Sacrament"- Children's Songbook pg. 73
Jesus Christ Teachings the Nephites about the Sacrament and Prayer- Illustrated scripture story about 2 minutes.
The First Sacrament- Illustrated scripture story about 2 minutes
Baptism- Music Video with words to learn the song (about 2 minutes)
The Baptism of Jesus- Bible video about 3 minutes long
My Primary 1 Lesson 9 handout packet includes
- Raindrops with the words "I am thankful for water" and images of different types of water. Print on blue paper.
- Green CTR sails- Make boats with these sails and a cup or bowl.
- Instead of using a boat or bowl, try this origami cup (it's easy to make)- follow the directions here up through step 6. Then stop and pop it open. The sunbeams can put the raindrops in the cup while saying "I am thankful for water." You can also talk about different ways we use water as you put the drops in. You can color the cups or put stickers all over it.
Bonus! Neisha from Hang a Ribbon on the Moon, made these water bottle labels to share with all of you as well. Thanks Neisha!
See last week's lesson for more handouts on the creation (these ones are more focused on water)
Find the Differences- Spot the differences in these two pictures of a well
Who Is in the Pond?- Dot to Dot
Jesus Walks on the Water- Rebus story (story with pictures for some words)
Jesus' Baptism- Finger play
Jesus Christ is Baptized- Rebus story
My Baptism Book- Mini booklet
Baptism is the Starting Point- Bright Idea poster
They that Gladly Received His Word Were Baptized- Bright Idea poster
Our Savior, Jesus Christ- Poster
Remember- Matching game- includes pictures of baptism and the sacrament
The Nephites Learn of the Sacrament- Figures to color