The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 20: I Am Thankful that I Can Smell and Taste is to appreciate the senses of smell and taste.
- Here's a list of 20 different ways to discover the sense of smell.
- Of course, I'm a big fan of Scratch n Sniff stickers!
- The Red Headed Hostess has a matching game included in her class packet.
- You may also want to check out Heavenly Handouts which seems to have a lot of great ideas for Sunbeam classes.
The following are LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"A Song of Thanks"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
"For Health and Strength"- Children's Songbook pg. 21
"Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"- Children's Songbook pg. 275
"The Lord Game Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
The Primary 1 Lesson 20 Handout Packet includes
- 2 blank faces to go with Additional Activities for Younger Children #1. If you laminate them or put contact paper over these faces you could use playdough to make the faces instead. You can also put Scratch n Sniff food stickers around the face for taste.
Don't have ink in your printer? Buy these fun Melissa and Doug sticker sets (my kids love them).
My Busy Body- Poster about what you can do with your body- point and do the actions together
I Live in a Beautiful World- Color and decide which sense you would use to enjoy these creations
Thankful Hunt- Hunt for things in each of the 5 senses for which to be thankful