Primary 1 Lesson 33: I Can Be a Friend helps everyone desire to be a good friend.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Play this Fishy Friends Card game from Green Jell-O with carrot to learn about all kinds of different friends. You could also hide them around the room and give each person one half of a match to find.
- Use these cute Kiss notes from My Computer is My Canvas to share a sweet treat and act of kindness with your class.
- Check out all the learning activities included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following resources link to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Jesus Is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"Kindness Begins With Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 145
"Fun to Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 253
"'Give,' Said the Little Stream"- Children's Songbook pg. 236
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Friends Are Fun"- Children's Songbook pg. 262
"We Are Different"- Children's Songbook pg. 263
"I Have Two Little Hands"- Children's Songbook pg. 272
"A Special Gift Is Kindness"- Children's Songbook pg. 145
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"- Children's Songbook pg. 60
"I'll Walk with You"- Children's Songbook pg. 140
"Here We Are Together"- Children's Songbook pg. 261
"Hello, Friends!"- Children's Songbook pg. 254
My Primary 1 Lesson 33 Handout Packet includes
- Framed sheet to color according to Enrichment Activity 5
- Friendship bracelet circles- Color, punch holes in both ends and string onto ribbon to make a bracelet for each child.
All Aboard the Friend Ship- Put together the boat as you talk about being a good friend. You'll need to simplify the questions a little or use ideas in the manual but fun activity.
Unity Bread and Friendship Butter- Bring some bread to class and make the butter together.
Finding a Friend- Search and find
Friendship Challenge (older classes)- If they know their numbers and can follow directions well, this coloring activity would be fun.
Making a New Friend- Color or do the hidden pictures. You can also tell the class to circle the things that look out of place.
New Friends, Old Friends- If you class can sit still for a short video clip, try this 2 minute one.
Be a Sunbeam for Jesus- Draw a picture then tell your class to give it to a friend
Hidden Picture- Valentine's themed with pictures
I'll Walk with You- Use this story version to help your class learn the song and understand what it means
Sharing in Nursery- Find those sharing and being kind
The Coat- Another great video to watch if your class can stay still through it (about 2 minutes).
Be Ye Kind One to Another- Bright Idea poster
Jesus Feeds 5,000 People- Rebus story. Read it together a couple of times so they can go home and read it to their families.
Jesus Christ Is the Perfect Example for Me (boy helping his hurt sister)
Jesus Christ Is the Perfect Example for Me (boy inviting a friend to play)