The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 16: I Have a Body is to appreciate and respect our bodies.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- These next few lessons are all about the body. Grab some butcher paper and trace everyone or draw a simple blank body on a piece of paper. Each week you can draw in a different part. I showed this example and a few more in a Facebook video in our Private Primary Group. Come join and print out the bonus handouts too.
- Latter-day Chatter has a free placemat activity to help you discuss healthy foods.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a lesson packet with several items to help you teach this lesson.
- Use my free Word of Wisdom activity to discuss good foods to eat.
The following are all linked to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"- Children's Songbook pg. 275
"The Lord Game Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
"I Wiggle"- Children's Songbook pg. 271
"Roll Your Hands"- Children's Songbook pg. 274
"Oh, How We Love to Stand"- Children's Songbook pg. 279
My Primary 1 Lesson 16 handout packet includes
- Take Care of Your Body Matching Game- Depending on the maturity of your class, you can play this game in a lot of different ways. First play it as a regular matching game saying how item helps us take care of our bodies once you get a match. Second, you can have a child pick the item out of the bag then choose a matching object that they need in order to use that item. For example, if they pick grapes, they need to get the paper plate you brought in. Third, string them on a necklace! Bunch holes in the middle and cut up straws to go in between to make a lei!
If you like these lesson resources, please pin it so others can find them too!
My Busy Body- Poster about what you can do with your body- point and do the actions together
My Body- a Temple- Make this simple paper toy of a boy exercising
I Live in a Beautiful World- Color and decide which sense you would use to enjoy these creations
Thankful Hunt- Hunt for things in each of the 5 senses for which to be thankful
Marshmallow Animals- Use this idea to make people. Toothpicks and marshmallows- might want to get the blunt toothpicks or stirring straws instead.
The Love of God- Color and make a mobile or necklace