The purpose for Primary 1 Lesson 39: Music Makes Me Happy is to help everyone understand that good music helps us feel happy and reminds us of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
- Have some singing time fun with these great singing prompts from Green Jell-o with Carrot or use this fun singing styles wheel from Susan Fitch Design.
- See these 10 ways to use music in your lesson and incorporate some into yours.
- Play Guess That Tune with the LDS Media App. Instead of challenging each other to how many notes you need before you guess, use number of seconds they need you to play on your phone.
- Download some of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir videos to show your class as they color a picture.
- There is a great fishing activity and matching game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
For more ideas on how to incorporate music into your lessons here.
"If You are Happy"- Children's Songbook pg. 266
"Happy Song"- Children's Songbook pg. 264
"Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked"- Children's Songbook pg. 214
"Fun to Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 253
"Sing a Song"- Children's Songbook pg. 253
"I Think the World is Glorious"- Children's Songbook pg. 230
"Lift Up Your Voice and Sing"- Children's Songbook pg. 252
"Covered Wagons"- Children's Songbook pg. 221
"Little Pioneer Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 216
"The Handcart Song"- Children's Songbook pg. 220
My Primary 1 Lesson 39 lesson helps include
- Music Cards- Use the LDS media app to help you sing some songs. Pull one music card before you push play and sing that song in that fun way.
Music (scroll down)- Poem with actions
The Songs of the Gospel Bring Peace- Picture of David playing the harp for King Saul- you can put stickers or color more on the Psalm of Peace space.
Praise the Lord with Singing- Bright Idea Poster
The Song of the Righteous Is a Prayer unto Me- Bright Idea Poster
Create Your Own Handcart- Make on of these to use as a visual for your lesson or make one ahead of time for each child in your class to take home.
Gathering to Zion- Use this one to show how far the pioneers traveled. Stick the pieces on the map as you discuss some of the events.
Handcart Pioneers (scroll down)- Find the differences between the 2 pictures. Sometimes this works really well as a class activity.
I Can Draw Pioneer Pictures- Probably not for your class but if you can practice beforehand and draw a picture of a covered wagon on the board.
Marshmallow Covered Wagon- Instructions to make a candy pioneer wagon
Pioneer Children Woven Picture- Weave this picture together
Pioneer Covered Wagon- Again, this would be something that you would need to assemble ahead of time.
Pioneer Fun- This may be a lot of fun in your class as long as they don't get too crazy- simple game to assemble and try
Pioneer Maze- This is a simple one so if you have an older class, it may work well
Pioneer Hidden Pictures- Find the hidden items, ask them to find anything silly, or color it
Pioneer Puzzle Game- Adapt this board game for your class- cut the pieces a little bigger and make the questions easier.
This Is the Right Place- Hidden picture with the objects to find illustrated
Book of Mormon Scripture Figures- Here is the Brother of Jared and a picture of the barges. There isn't much to find in regards to this story focusing on the music portion