The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 40: The Sacrament Helps Me Think about Jesus is to encourage the children to think about Jesus during the sacrament.
- Sugardoodle has this great Sacrament lesson kit full of printables to help you teach this lesson.
- This Quiet Book from Susan Fitch Design would be great to use during the lesson and for the kids to take home (or even for a Christmas gift).
- Make a LDS Gospel ABC book (free) for the children to use during the sacrament to help them think about Jesus Christ.
- Bring some homemade bread to share with the children.
- Try the learning activities and scripture story handouts included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Before I Take the Sacrament"- Children's Songbook pg. 73
"Help Us, O God, to Understand"- Children's Songbook pg. 73
"The Sacrament"- Children's Songbook pg. 72
"To Think about Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 71
"I Want to Be Reverent"- Children's Songbook pg. 28
"I Will Try to Be Reverent"- Children's Songbook pg. 28
"Reverence is Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 31
"Reverently, Quietly"- Children's Songbook pg. 26
"Tell Me the Stories of Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 57
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"- Children's Songbook pg. 60
The Last Supper- Bible Video about 6 minutes long but you could probably get a good minute from it with little kids.
Jesus Christ Teachings the Nephites about the Sacrament and Prayer- Illustrated scripture story about 2 minutes.
The First Sacrament- Illustrated scripture story about 2 minutes
My Primary 1 Lesson 40 handout packet includes
- Sacrament trays coloring page- glue cotton balls on the tray for bread and blue circles or cereal for the water.
- Sacrament coloring page
The Nephites Learn of the Sacrament- Tell this story and color the picture or make it into a book. Its always fun to add stickers to little booklets or small pictures of themselves in the artwork if you can manage it. Since there are just 3 pictures you could string them on a piece of yarn with straws or foam shapes separating the pictures to make a necklace too.
Taking the Sacrament- This is a door hanger that you can paste pictures on of the Savior. Talk about each picture during your lesson.
The Sacrament- A cut and paste activity about what we do for the sacrament. Great to go along with the lesson.
Remember Him- A great picture wheel to color.
Remember- You can play a matching game with these pictures or just cut and paste. You could also play this as a fishing game.
On the Road to Emmaus- Make this one into a puzzle to put together as a class then sing the song and practice what it says.
I Can Repent and Be Baptized- A great 3-D poster to put together to remember how the sacrament and baptismal covenants are tied together.
Our Savior, Jesus Christ- A poster to hang up or put into a quiet book.