The main purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 41: Heavenly Father and Jesus Gave Us the Scriptures is to understand that the scriptures contain the words of God and as we study them, we'll learn more about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.
- If you have the time, this copy of the Book of Mormon Stories for Kids is wonderful. She made 2 volumes and they are full of activities. You could either do the activities during your lesson or send one home with each child.
- Help your children learn the 8th Article of Faith with the memorization activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
- These Book of Mormon Spot It Game cards is a great addition to your lesson as well.
- Use one of these 8 ways to bring the scriptures stories to life in your class.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Holy Scriptures: The Power of God unto Our Salvation" by Elder Robert D. Hales
"Scriptures" by President Boyd K. Packer
"My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures" by Sister Julie B. Beck
"Tell Me the Stories of Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 57
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Book of Mormon Stories"- Children's Songbook pg. 118
"As I Search the Holy Scriptures"- Hymn #277
"Search, Ponder, and Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 109
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"The Books in the Book of Mormon"- Children's Songbook pg. 119
"The Books in the New Testament"- Children's Songbook pg. 116
"The Books in the Old Testament"- Children's Songbook pg. 114
"The Eighth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 127
"The Golden Plates"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"The Ninth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 128
My Primary 1 Lesson 41 Handout Packet includes
- Scripture covers and worksheet- cut out the covers and glue on top of the right square. Or you can cut out the covers, punch holes in the corner, and make a necklace with them. This goes with Enrichment Activity 1.
"When I Read the Scriptures"- a poem to read out loud- can make up simple hand actions
The Scriptures- Use these flowers and glue pictures of scripture stories to them. Glue the flowers on paper or attach pipe cleaners and make a bouquet.
Search the Scriptures- A fun find the hidden objects pictures but can use as a coloring page too.
Search the Scriptures- Color and make the bookmark- it's something different anyway...you can tell them to use it when they read scriptures as a family.
The Words of Christ- Do activity as is or use the scripture cut outs to make a fun necklace or bracelet- punch holes, string on yarn, even use fruit loops or straws for in between.
Comfort and Courage from the Scriptures- A David and Goliath Dot-to-dot but could just color and more activity ideas below.
I Feel Reverent when I Read the Scriptures- Use as coloring page or make a mini booklet with other pictures mentioned here or draw your own. Bring stickers for them to decorate the blank pages.
The Power I Get Each Time I Read- I love the song Scripture Power. The bookmark is fun and you can give them stickers to put over the boxes for fun.
The Scriptures Show the Way- Make scripture puppets! Tell the scripture story using the puppets (glue on a stick or straw) then let the kids take one home or make a few for all.
Scriptures are Like Packets of Light- Poster- make it into a puzzle or use with the lesson
Ways to Study the Scriptures- Make these 4 steps into a mini booklet
Read the Scriptures Daily- Scripture Reading chart but you could use it as a coloring page