The main purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 41: Fasting Brings Us Closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is to understand the purpose and blessings of fasting.
- Bring in an empty plate to place on the table. Talk about how fasting is more than going without eating then have your class place what or who they are fasting for on the plate.
- Tie in the scripture story of Esther.
- Use this fun file folder Fasting game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
- Use the red wagon story and printables from Little LDS Ideas.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 3 Lesson 41 handout packet includes
- Questions mentioned in the Preparation section
- Fasting worksheet to go with Enrichment Activity 2
There isn't much on fasting on LDS.org and what there is, mostly relates back to Esther so I included a few more things focusing on her.
Queen Esther- Decode the message
Fasting and Prayer- Color and put together these movable figures
For Such a Time as This- Bright Idea poster of Esther