The main purpose of teaching Primary 3 Lesson 42: Tithing is to strengthen everyone's desire to pay their tithing.
- Practice making 10% with this Tithing file folder game from Green Jell-O with Carrots.
- Now that you can pay tithing online, you can pull up an example for your class to see on your tablet...just be sure they don't pay a whole lot of tithing for you!
- Try out the Tithing Spinner Game as well as the file folder game included in The Red Headed Hostess Class Packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 3 Lesson 42 handout packet includes
- Several pieces of Chicken money for practice
- Worksheet to go with Enrichment Activity 4- Make it extra fun with some Scratch n Sniff stickers!
- Envelopes to go with Enrichment Activity 1
- Large tithing slip for easy viewing
How Tithing is Used- Circle the picture that is different
Blessings of Tithing- Use these windows to talk about the blessings from tithing
Tithes and Offerings- From the For Strength of Youth. You can find additional articles, video clips, and lots of Mormonads on this page
Tithing Around the World- Match the money from different countries
Tithing Maze- Find your way to the temple
Tithing Jar- Make a jar for your tithing
Tithing Time- Find your way to the Bishop and his counselors to pay your tithing
Never Forget- Make this elephant bank to remember to pay 1/10
Find the Coins- Look the for the coins in this hidden picture- also has a tithing maze and jar activity
Why is Tithing Important?- Post with answers from Elder Robert D. Hales (Quorum of the 12)
The Law of Tithing- Questions and answers that are scripture references