The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 10: Repentance is to understand the principle and importance of repentance.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a fun packet that is great for this lesson.
- Meck Mom has a great video with an object lesson on repentance
- Little LDS Ideas has a great poster with the steps of repentance and another idea to teach repentance
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
The Primary 3 Lesson 10 handout packet includes
- 4 bandages with the steps of repentance written on them- There are several sizes so for easy reading as well as putting on the dolls.
- Boy and Girl paper doll- Laminate the dolls (you can use clear packing tape if you don't have a laminator) then draw injuries on the doll with a dry erase marker to represent mistakes/sins. Cover the injuries with the bandages as you go through the steps. After all the steps are done, remove the bandages while wiping off the marker to reveal the doll as good as new.
Learning from Mistakes- A four part picture that can be put in order to talk about saying and being sorry.
King Benjamin Teaches the Nephites- A rebus (word picture) story
Repentance and the Atonement- A booklet
Travis Learns About Repentance- A pictured story about choosing wrong and saying sorry.
Showing Sorry- Help Eli say sorry in this maze
I Choose the Right When I Am Baptized- Word Jumble game
What is Repentance?- Unscramble the shapes to fill in the blanks
Shield of Faith- Includes 4 principles, 2 relating to saying sorry: forgiveness and repentance. Can cut out and attach cardboard to make sturdier (old cereal boxes work well) or just add a loop to the back so you can hold it like a shield
Repentance- Shows what repentance is (can turn it into a hanging triangle)
Jonah Repents- Story of Jonah's repentance
I Love My Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Restored Gospel- boy hanging pictures