The purpose of Primary 5 Lesson 10: The Book of Mormon is Published is to increase our gratitude about the availability to read and study the Book of Mormon today.
- Challenge your class to read the Book of Mormon on their time table. Here are schedules to read it in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.
- The Red Headed Hostess lesson packet is full of more great resources to help you teach this lesson.
- Share the difference between knowing about the scriptures and feasting on the scriptures with this great M&M object lesson.
- Use this great visual presentation of the Book of Mormon: From Cumorah to Grandin's Press during your lesson. You can scroll down and use it like a powerpoint presentation.
- Learn more about Grandin's Press and see photos of it in Church History section of LDS.org.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Look to the Book, Look to the Lord" by Elder Gary E. Stevenson
"The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ" by President Boyd K. Packer
How We Got the Book of Mormon (about 3 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story of the First Vision and how we got the Book of Mormon.
A Book with a Promise (about 2 minutes)- An excerpt of Elder Craig C. Christensen's talk asking people to read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony of its truthfulness.
Book of Mormon Introduction (about 3 minutes)- Elder Holland explains the background and importance of the Book of Mormon.
Special Witness- President Monson (about 7 1/2 minutes)- President Monson testifies of the Book of Mormon inside the Grandin building.
My Primary 5 Lesson 10 handout packet includes
- Letters to go along with the activity in Preparation #3
- Journal page focusing on how the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion
Article of Faith 8- Statements about the Bible and Book of Mormon are written on stars. You can follow the directions on the page to color them, or you could have children find them under chairs and read them to the class.
The Book of Mormon Around the World- Help children follow the lines to find the Book of Mormon in their language.
Book of Mormon Boggler- A word find to find books in the Book of Mormon.
Book of Mormon Military- A word find to find the military men from the Book of Mormon.
Publishing the Book of Mormon- A search and find activity to look for pictures of the Book of Mormon.
Read the Book of Mormon- A printable schedule to help track reading the Book of Mormon.
Partial Pictures- Match scriptures to pictures depicting scenes from the Restoration.
Where the Book of Mormon was Published- Photos of a boy visiting the Grandin Building and the process of printing the Book of Mormon.
Find It- Search for letters of the alphabet in this picture of the first printing of the Book of Mormon.