The purpose of teaching Primary 5 Lesson 37: Joseph and Hyrum Smith Are Martyred is to strengthen everyone's testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- Make this flipchart for "Praise to the Man" into a booklet to send home with the children. You could even take time at the end of class to write testimonies on the back of one card.
- Or review the words of "Praise to the Man" with this Word Link game from To Teach a Child a Song.
- Try out the story sticks included in The Red Headed Hostess Class Packet.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 5 Lesson 30 Handout Packet includes
- Wordstrips to go with Enrichment Activity 1
- Worksheet to go with Enrichment Activity 3
The Life of Joseph Smith- An activity to remember the events in Joseph Smith's life.
The Martyrdom of the Prophet- A comic-book style story of Joseph's martyrdom.
Sing a Song of Joseph- The story of Joseph's life with songs and script. You could give each person in your class a part to read.
The Life of Joseph Smith- Draw lines from events in Joseph's life to dates and scripture references.
Joseph Smith- Cut out and color puzzle pieces of the prophet Joseph Smith, includes a time-line of his life.
From the Life of President John Taylor- The story of Joseph and Hyram's martyrdom told through the eyes of President Taylor, includes illustrations.