The overall purpose in teaching Primary 5 Lesson 45: Lorenzo Snow Receives a Revelation on Tithing is to encourage the desire to pay a full tithe.
- Now that you can pay tithing online, you can pull up an example for your class to see on your tablet...just be sure they don't pay a whole lot of tithing for you!
- Use chocolate coins for Enrichment Activity 1 instead. You could even put some in Easter eggs and have the children randomly pick one to do.
- Check out the handouts and helps included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet as well.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Ministry of Lorenzo Snow: Leading the Church Out of Financial Bondage (about 2 minutes)- A brief description of the conference President Snow conducted in St. George regarding the paying of tithing.
Tithing (about 1 1/2 minutes)- An illustrated video of a boy paying tithing.
Paying Tithing (about 2 minutes)- An illustrated Matt and Mandy story about tithing.
My Primary 5 Lesson 45 handout packet includes
- Blank gift boxes to go with the Attention Activity
- Tithing challenge cards to go with Enrichment Activity 1. You can combine this activity with the money printables in Primary 3 Lesson 42.
- Gift boxes with words to go with Enrichment Activity 2
- Pictionary cards to go with Enrichment Activity 3
How Tithing is Used- Use these pictures for a memory game or use them to spot the differences.
I Choose the Right by Living Gospel Principles- Build a house of paper showing the blessings that come to us by paying our tithing.
The Law of Tithing- Questions about tithing with scripture references for the answers you could use to play a game as a class.
Tithes and Offerings- From For the Strength of Youth. You can find additional articles, video clips and Mormon Ads on this page.
Tithing Around the World- Match the tithing to where it comes from in the world.
Tithing Maze- Find your way to the temple through this maze paying tithing.
Tithing Jar- Make a jar for your tithing.
Tithing Time- Make your way through the chapel to find the Bishop and pay your tithing.
Never Forget- One Tenth for Tithing- Make a paper elephant box where you can keep your tithing.
Find the Coins- Find hidden coins in this illustrated picture.
Why is Tithing Important?- A conversation about tithing with Elder Robert D. Hales
The Law of Tithing- Questions about tithing with scripture answers.