Primary 2 Lesson 12: I Can Prepare for Baptism- The purpose of this lesson is to increase the desire to become baptized as well as understanding how to prepare.
- If you have a younger class, they may like this file folder game dressing 2 children for baptism.
- Play the When I'm Baptized Game from Latter-day Chatter.
- Here's a great Baptism booklet from The Mormon Home you can send home with your class (it's free).
- This Kit Kat handout is another great way to cover the covenants we make at baptism.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"The Covenant of Baptism: To Be in the Kingdom and of the Kingdom" by Elder Robert D. Hales
"Born Again" by President James E. Faust
My Primary 2 Lesson 12: I Can Prepare for Baptism handout packet includes
- 6 footprints to go with the 6 steps to prepare for baptism
- 1 I Will Follow Jesus footprint to color
- I Will Follow Jesus background scene with sheet of cutouts. Includes footprints, people, and symbols to go with the steps to glue on.
If you like these lesson helps please pin it so others can find it too!
A Sacred Promise- Make this mobile or grab some Cheerios and string it into a necklace instead.
Baptism- Best for the older classes as its a crossword puzzle.
Baptism, My First Covenant- Best for the oldest class since they will be baptized that year. The handout has a place for a picture and dates as well as the promises made.
What do I promise Heavenly Father when I am Baptized- Includes story of Alma teaching and flannel board figures to color
Find the Differences- Find the differences between two pictures of a girl getting her baptism interview
Fill the Font- Best for older classes- fill in the blank
Fraction Puzzle- Older classes- Its the bottom puzzle on this page to reveal the word "Baptism"
I Can Repent and be Baptized- Make this 3-D scene
I Will Make and Keep my Baptismal Covenants- Best for older classes- read the scriptures to get through the maze.
Keeping Our Baptismal Covenant- Board game with a puzzle
Learning About Baptism- Find things that start with B.
My Baptism Book- Quick booklet to put together (Boy)
The Kingdom Up on High- Super simple puzzle to put together (Girl)
They that Gladly Receive His Word...- Bright Idea poster (Boy)
Understanding Baptism- Q&A poster
Our Savior, Jesus Christ- Poster of Jesus being baptized.
Baptism Tic-Tac-Toe- Not for the young classes- find out what is similar to make 3 in a row
Baptism Puzzle- For older classes- baptism crossword puzzle
Baptism Word Search- For older classes
When I am Baptized... (Girl)