Primary 2 Lesson 11: I Can Tell Others About Jesus Christ- the purpose of this lesson is to encourage the children to tell others about Jesus.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- If you have an older class, Missionary Clue from Green Jell-O with Carrot would be a blast.
- Pass out some missionary themed chocolates with this wrappers from My Computer is My Canvas.
- Planning early? Order these Future Missionary tags for your class. They'll love them!
- Mormon Origami- is great for older classes. I recommend during the shirt origami one although you could also do a tie. The shirt is basic enough and I know my 8 year old who is in the oldest class can do it. After making the shirt, they could color it to look like a missionary, add a drawing of their heads, make it into a card to give to a missionary, or turn it into something they could give a friend.
- The map activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet is fun way to start the lesson.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"- Children's Songbook pg. 169
"I Want to Be a Missionary Now"- Children's Songbook pg. 168
"The Things I Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 170
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172
"Called to Serve"- Children's Songbook pg. 174
"The Church of Jesus Christ"- Children's Songbook pg. 77
The Sons of Mosiah Become Missionaries (about 1 minute)- Illustrated scripture story
Activity Day Rescuers (about 5 1/2 minutes)- Girls invite others to get involved
Teaching Tanner's Teacher (about 2 1/2 minutes)- Illustrated story (for little friends)
Who Is Jesus? (about 2 minutes)- Illustrated story for little friends
I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go (about 6 minutes)- About member missionary work
Missionary Song Medley (about 5 minutes)- Music video
Your Day for a Mission (about 3 1/2 minutes)- A young man chooses to serve a mission over playing rugby
Clara, Denmark (about 1 1/2 minutes)- One in a Million
My Primary 2 Lesson 11 handout packet includes
- Missionary tag photo frame to go with Enrichment Activity #3
- I can be a missionary now worksheet (hide word strips to go with an activity around the room for your class to find or cut the picture frame up into a puzzle). Discover more ways to enhance your coloring pages.
Please pin this so others can find it too!
I Can Be a Missionary Now- Make the cube and play the game to see ways to be a missionary now.
Missionary Quest- Help the missionaries from the person they are supposed to teach!
Missionary Fun- Bright Idea poster
Missionary Maze- Help the missionaries get to their appointment
I Can be a Missionary Now- Put together this gospel sharing house
Being Like a Missionary- Be like Enoch and draw yourself as a missionary with this template
Missionary Activity- Make this missionary grow- goes great with the song "I Hope They Call me on a Mission"
I Can Be a Missionary Now- Play this fun board game
Missionary Work- Best for older kids because it's a word search
My Missionary Journal- Probably better for the older classes- make a missionary plan of what you can do now and track your success (which is in the invitation!).
Missionary Appointment- Figure out which door is the one the missionaries need
What Can I Do to be a Missionary Now- More suggestion of what the kids can do right now.
The ABCs of Missionary Work- Best for the older classes- fill in the blanks
Missionary Treats- Make these treats and give to the missionaries!
Junior Missionary- Help find this boy's friends and answer their questions
Missionary Roll Call- Best for the older kids- fill in the blanks
Missionary Change-a-Letter- Best for the older classes- switch the letters to find the answer
Missionaries Publish Peace- Make these missionary finger puppets
I Can be a Missionary Now- Older classes- another word search
Help the Missionaries- Help the missionaries get to their appointment