Primary 2 Lesson 30: I Can Be Obedient- The purpose of this lesson is to encourage all to follow Jesus Christ's example of obedience.
Remember to come join our private Primary Facebook group to share and discuss more ideas.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Instead of doing the circle and x activity suggested in the manual, try a pin the tail on the donkey version. You could do pin a tie on the missionary or on the Dad (On My Side of the Room has great printables for this)
- If you have a younger class, use my Noah's ark file folder game instead found in my free LDS Primary 1 Lesson 28 handouts.
- Give out obedience badges and scripture cards using the class packet from the Red Headed Hostess.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Little Lambs So White and Fair"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Pioneer Children Were Quick to Obey"- Children's Songbook pg. 215
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172
My Primary 2 Lesson 30 handout packet includes
- Target with campfires for the x's to go with Enrichment Activity #1. This relates back to last week's lesson as well as the story in the Enrichment Activity #2..
- Noah's ark picture to go with Enrichment Activity #5- Draw the animals on board the ship or get some fun stickers, like these foam animal ones, to add on easily.
- Wordstrips to go with Enrichment Activity #3
If you like these lesson helps, please pin it so others can find it too!
I Will Go and Do- Match the picture to the story of obedience
Obedience Brings Blessings- Coloring squares but could also be used on the board- have each child turn one over and talk about it
Repentance and the Atonement- Put together this book to remind the kids about Christ's example for us
No Need to Sail Uncharted Seas- Bright Idea poster
A Busy Day for Hands- Super short story on how our hands can be obedient
Follow the Signs- President Thomas S. Monson tells us to follow the signs to safety. Cut out the signs as talk about them throughout your lesson.
If I Choose to Obey, I'll Be Happy All Day- Make this booklet
Blessings Follow Obedience- Make these obedient puppets
Lehi Obeys God- Scripture figures to color and use as you tell the story
Keep the Commandments- Challenge your class with this activity or make it into a booklet