Primary 2 Lesson 31: I Will Obey the Law- The purpose of this lesson is to understand the importance of following the laws of the land.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Print the free Obey the Law badges and car situations from Laughing and Losing It.
- My LDS Life has a fun alternative idea from the salt dough activity recommended in the manual. She has has some cute badges.
- Play the matching game included in the class packet from the Red Headed Hostess.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"The Twelfth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 131
"Quickly I'll Obey"- Children's Songbook pg. 197
"Do As I'm Doing"- Children's Songbook pg. 276
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"I Want to Live the Gospel"- Children's Songbook pg. 148
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Pioneer Children Were Quick to Obey"- Children's Songbook pg. 215
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172
My Primary 2 Lesson 31 handout packet includes
- 4 Street Signs- Use these as you talk about different laws. You can even have your class hold up certain signs as they answer questions. Or use them for a quick game. Write different Speed Limit Signs (Crawl like a Turtle, Walk like a Penguin, etc) and use them for a variation of Simon Says.
- 2 big blank signs. You can write your class rules on these signs or some rules the children have at home. Put them up on the whiteboard or take turns holding it out like a police officer.
Love my lesson helps? Sign up for my weekly newsletter for more tips and reminders.
Article of Faith 12- Activity Page
Obey the Law- Make your own coat of arms
What Laws Mean- Match the law to its meaning
Choose the Right Way- Get through the maze by choosing to obey
I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him- Scripture Journaling activity with tablets for the commandments
I Will Go and Do- Match the people with their actions
Obedience Brings Blessings- Coloring squares but could also be used on the board- have each child turn one over and talk about it
A Busy Day for Hands- Super short story on how our hands can be obedient
Follow the Signs- President Thomas S. Monson tells us to follow the signs to safety. Cut out the signs as talk about them throughout your lesson.
If I Choose to Obey, I'll Be Happy All Day- Make this booklet
Blessings Follow Obedience- Make these obedient puppets
Keep the Commandments- Challenge your class with this activity or make it into a booklet