Remember as you teach Primary 2 Lesson 21: I Can Be Reverent, the overall purpose is to encourage everyone to show reverence for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
These are a few bonus ideas-keep scrolling for more!
- Pass out these Caught Being Reverent stickers from LDS Craft Supplies throughout Sharing Time then talk about it during class and continue to pass them out.
- Use my Reverence posters from Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 20 handouts.
- Susan Fitch has a reverence bookmark to help your class remember what reverence includes.
- Play Reverence Bingo included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Respect and Reverence" by Sister Margaret S. Lifferth
"'Serve God Acceptably with Reverence and Godly Fear" by Elder L. Tom Perry
"Father, I Will Reverent Be"- Children's Songbook pg. 29
"Reverence"- Children's Songbook pg. 27
"Reverence is Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 31
"Our Chapel Is a Sacred Place"- Children's Songbook pg. 30
"This is God's House"- Children's Songbook pg. 30
"Heavenly Father, While I Pray"- Children's Songbook pg. 23
"I Will Try to Be Reverent"- Children's Songbook pg. 28
"We Are Reverent"- Children's Songbook pg. 27
"Reverently, Quietly"- Children's Songbook pg. 26
"I Want to Be Reverent"- Children's Songbook pg. 28
"The Chapel Doors"- Children's Songbook pg. 156
"Two Happy Feet"- Children's Songbook pg. 270
"When I Go to Church"- Children's Songbook pg. 157
"The Things I Do"- Children's Songbook pg. 170
"To Think about Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 71
My Primary 2 Lesson 21 handout packet includes
- Arm cutouts and reverent background. Cut the arms out and you can fold the arms over.
- Reverent squares- There are two types. One set has words on them to help understand what reverence is. The other ones have different body parts for your class to tell you what they can do to be reverent with that part as mentioned in the Activity in the lesson
- Two coloring pages to go with the Scripture Stories (Picture Discussion)
If you like these helps, please pin it so others can find them too!
Ready for Blessings-Use this picture during your lesson...point to the people being reverent.
Reverent Hands- Use these pictures and glue them on cut out hands or trace their hands on a piece of paper and glue it on. Shows examples of what reverent hands do.
I'm Always Reverent- Poem with actions
On the Road to Emmaus- Great picture to print out and say the poem together. You could also stick on fake jewels or other decorations as an art project.
Reverence in Holy Places- Meeting house- do some of the actions on the cards
Reverence Crown- Make these crowns and use them to help the kids feel more reverent.
Flannel Board Figures- Lots of flannel board figures that you could use- they each have a reverence saying that go with them. Nephi, Stripling Warriors, Moroni Writes, The Brother of Jared, Jacob and Sherem, Alma, King Benjamin, Samuel the Lamanite, Captain Moroni, Jesus Christ Comes to America, Lehi, Joseph Smith
The Sacrament- How to be reverent during sacrament...can be put together like a puzzle.
Showing Respect- Choose which picture is showing reverence
Be Still and Know that I am God- Poster- talk about how he is being reverent