The purpose in teaching Primary 6 Lesson 3: The Creation is to increase our gratitude for the world that Heavenly Father and Jesus created for us.
- Bring some gloves and go for a walk outside picking up trash or tidying up.
- Hand out some Scratch n Sniff fruit stickers to go along with the fruit and veggie idea in Enrichment Activities.
- Use the Creation Trivia group drawing activity for some fun included in The Red Headed Hostess Class Packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Jesus Makes the Earth- A simple day by day video about 2 1/2 minutes long.
The Creation- Quotes from Elder Russell M. Nelson (Quorum of the 12 Apostles) about 5 minutes long.
Jesus Was God the Creator- Quotes from President Gordon B. Hinckley (former President and Prophet) About 1 1/2 minutes.
We Lived With God- A renowned scientist talks about God's creation. 4 minutes long.
"All Creatures of Our God and King"- Hymn #62, copyright prohibits its use online.
"For the Beauty of the Earth"- Hymn #92
"How Great Thou Art"- Hymn #86, copyright prohibits its use online.
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Children's Songbook pg. 231
"Beauty Everywhere"- Children's Songbook pg. 232
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 228
"The World is So Big"- Children's Songbook pg. 235
My Primary 6 Lesson 3 (Old Testament) Handouts includes
- Pictionary cards to go with the Enrichment Activity. You could also try this with clay instead.
- Drawing pages to go with the first Enrichment Activity- I didn't put which days they were to add a challenge of putting them all in the correct order up on the board.
Please pin these helps so others can find them too!
Reverence for Creation- Ideas and a cut outs to color and create your own garden.
The Creation-Each Day a Gift- A summation of the creation with coordinating pictures to color. Can turn them into flannel board characters or use with magazine cut outs to make a collage.
The Creation- A different wordsearch
My Creation Book- Print and assemble this small booklet.
Creation Crossword- Scripture references given if need to look up the answers.
Heavenly Father's World- A puzzle and coloring activity
Our Beautiful World- Draw your picture in the middle as a reminder to be grateful for the world.
I Live in a Beautiful World- Circle the sense you use to enjoy the creations.
When I Lived With Heavenly Father- Finish the other half of the pictures to tell the story.
Gratitude for God's Creations- Look at the world through pioneer eyes with gratitude.
My Father in Heaven Loves Me- Ideas and a Creation decoration to make.
What Am I?- Close up pictures of God's creations to guess.
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Pictures to color and go along with the song.