Remember as you teach LDS Primary 6 (Old Testament) Lesson 4: The Fall of Adam and Eve your purpose is help everyone understand the fall and desire to return to our Father in Heaven.
- Pass some apples out to your class with a tag that says, "The Fall was good."
- Go over the 3 pillars of God's plan to help your class understand how everything falls into place and tie in last week's lesson (Creation, the Fall, and the Atonement). President Russell M. Nelson talks about them briefly here.
- Try the Scripture Matching learning activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"First Principles and Ordinances"- About 3 1/2 minutes long. Talks about the fall and the Atonement.
"The Fall"- Almost 1 minute long. The Fall wasn't a mistake.
"Three Pillars of God's Plan"- Only 48 seconds. The Fall is the 2nd pillar.
"Understanding the Fall"- Only a minute with words from President Ezra Taft Benson (from President and Prophet)
1 Cor 15:22- All die because of the fall but all live again because of Christ
1 Nephi 10:6- In lost state if not for Christ
2 Nephi 2:22-25- Adam fell so man could be
Mosiah 3:19- Natural man an enemy to God
Alma 22:14- Aaron explains the fall to Lamoni's father
Alma 34:9- Atonement needed
Alma 42:14-15- Plan of Mercy
Moses 5:11-12- The fall is good
Article of Faith 2- Punished for own sins, not Adam's transgression
My Primary 6 Lesson 4 handouts include
- Topic Strips for "Because of Adam" and "Because of Jesus Christ" as well as a worksheet to go with the corresponding Enrichment Activities.
- "Resurrection" and "Return to Heavenly Father" topic and answer strips to go with an Enrichment Activity.
Please pin these helps so others can find them too!
There isn't much on the fall...
Adam and Eve Teach Their Children- Coloring page. I know it doesn't have much to do with the fall but it is Adam and Eve and maybe they are taking about the Plan.
The Garden of Eden- Finger puppets of the Garden to tell the story of the Fall.
Article of Faith 2- Crossword puzzle
My Family Can Be Together Forever- Because of the Fall, we are and because of Christ, we can be together forever. Put this scene together to see what part we need to play to be together forever.