The purpose in teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 16: Joseph in Egypt is to encourage everyone to remain pure by living close to the Lord and avoid temptations.
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Have some fun by teaching your class "in jail." Simply use your classroom table and a long table with crepe paper stripes for the bars.
- Also see the Choose the Right ideas from Lesson 13 and if you discover more great things.
- Use the story timeline included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet to help your class follow along.
- Play this Joseph in Egypt matching game from Green Jell-O with Carrots
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Joseph in Egypt- About 3 minute illustrated scripture video
Dare to Stand Alone (about 4 1/2 minutes)- Story from President Thomas S. Monson
LIVING SCRIPTURES STREAMING VIDEOS
You can now download or stream Living Scripture videos. You do have to get approval from your Primary Presidency before using them but they are great! Get half off your first month with my partner link.
Joseph in Egypt
"I Will Be Valiant"- Children's Songbook pg. 162
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"Hum Your Favorite Hymn"- Children's Songbook pg. 152
"I Want to Live the Gospel"- Children's Songbook pg. 148
"I Will Follow God's Plan"- Children's Songbook pg. 164
"Stand for the Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
My Primary 6 Lesson 16 handouts include
- Bag cover and squares to go with how we can distance ourselves from temptations as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities.
- Choose to fill your life with goodness bag cover and activity cards as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities. The blank ones are for the children to write in their own ideas.
(Some of these links will be the same from last week- there just isn't much on Joseph)
Joseph, Jacob's Son- Story with picture words
Joseph, Son of Israel Part II- Illustrated story starting at Egypt
Joseph and His Brothers- Tic Tac Toe truths
Joseph in Egypt- Unscramble the word to finish the sentence (scroll down)
Joseph Holds to the Iron Rod- Scripture characters to color or use to tell the story (scroll down)