Primary 6 Lesson 19: Moses Delivers the Israelites from Bondage- The purpose of this lesson is to understand that the Priesthood is the Power of God.
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Match the Priesthood duties to the office with the free handouts in my Primary 5 Lesson 8 handouts.
- Hide glow sticks around the room with the priesthood blessing cards found in this lesson help. As people find them, have they read the card and a little bit about the card. Glow sticks are tons of fun... just keep them out of people's mouths.
- Divide the Red Sea yourself! Bring in blue balloons and set them in at least 2 rows on the floor. Have one student pretend to be Moses. You can bring in a broom stick for his rod and use it to divide the balloons so everyone can walk on "dry ground."
- Use the scripture cards included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet to better understand the story.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
The Passover- Illustrated Scripture Story about 3 1/2 minutes
The Passover (about 3 minutes)- Short video explaining the meaning
The Power and Authority of the Priesthood- President James E. Faust (former member of the First Presidency) defines the priesthood- about 1 minute
Blessings of the Priesthood (about 3 minutes)- Robert D. Hales speaks about the power and blessings of the Priesthood.
"Follow the Prophet"- Children's Songbook pg. 110
"The Priesthood is Restored"- Children's Songbook pg. 89
"A Young Man Prepared"- Children's Songbook pg. 166
"Love is Spoken Here"- Children's Songbook pg. 190
"The Fifth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 125
"Ye Elders of Israel"- Hymn #319
"The Priesthood of Our Lord"- Hymn #320
Article of Faith 5- Man must be called of called and set apart with proper authority
1 Peter 2:9- Royal Priesthood
3 Nephi 11:21- Given power to baptize
D&C 2:1- Elijah is to reveal the priesthood
D&C 84:25- Priesthood taken away
D&C 84:33-42- Oath and covenant of the priesthood
D&C 107:1- Two priesthoods
D&C 121:36- Handle on the principles of righteousness
D&C 121:41- Virtue of the priesthood
My Primary 6 Lesson 19 handouts include
- Two styles of cards to play Egyptian Plague Timeline! Students have to guess where their plague goes in the timeline. Instructions are included in the handout.
- For priesthood themed handouts, please see the Teaching Thoughts at the top of this page.
Please pin this so others can find it too!
Moses Teaches his People- Flannel Board characters to use as puppets or coloring page
Journey into Egypt- Board Game
Moses Leads the Chidlren of Israel- Part the Red Sea with this fold out
Moses- Poster about Moses
The Priesthood is Restored- Make a diorama of the priesthood being restored
Aaronic Priesthood Activity- Answer the questions to get this boy dressed for his Aaronic priesthood duties
Article of Faith 5- Put the pictures in order
Remember- Priesthood memory cards
Lindsay's Priesthood Blessing- Hidden pictures
The Priesthood- Crossword puzzle
Priesthood Hidden Scripture- Do the puzzle to unlock the scripture
Priesthood Word Square- Word search
Prayers and Ordinances- Decode to find the answers
The Priesthood Helps People- Draw in the blanks (scroll down)