The purpose for teaching Primary 6 Lesson 20: The Israelites Receive Food From Heaven is to remember to keep the Sabbath day holy.
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Bring a stack of paper plates to be manna. Put a bunch around the room and see how fast the kids can gather up the plates. Then add silly instructions like "while hopping on one foot" or "jumping like a kangaroo."
- Send your class home with my free After Church Question Cards to encourage your class to discuss and apply this lesson with their families.
- Fill the basket with manna in the fun game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 6 Lesson 20 handouts include
- 6 Creation cards for the Attention Activity
- Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down sign for one of the Enrichment Activities (comes in color and blank so you can print it on color paper instead). Attach popsicle sticks or straws so the children can hold them up to vote.
- Blank cards for your class to write down Sabbath Day activity ideas to take home as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities.
Getting Ready for Church- Find the objects needed to get ready
Flannel Board Sunday Box- Great for an FHE but more as ideas for Primary class
Going to Church- Maze
Pencil Spin- Great game to play on Sunday- try it out in class
Lily's Sunday Morning- Find the hidden objects and matching socks
Remember the Sabbath Day- Story figures and manna to tell the story- for each manna you take, tell one good thing to do on Sunday.
Saturday is a Special Day- Help find the missing objects
Sunday Activities- Unscramble the words to fill in the blanks
What is This?- See if you can figure out what these Sunday objects are
How the Lord Blessed the Israelites- Match the problems with the blessings
Journey into Egypt- Board game
The Lord's Day- Print and make this finger fun game