The purpose of teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 22: Israel and the Brass Serpent is to encourage humility and faith in Jesus Christ.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Put a picture of Jesus Christ on the board- just a little above the center of the area your class would normally look if looking straight ahead. Ask them to balance on one foot while looking down at their toes. Then ask them to balance on one foot while looking at Jesus. It should be easier when they are looking at Christ. Compare this to humility and looking to Christ instead of ourselves.
- Remember to head back to Lesson 20 to get great thumbs up and thumbs down signs to go with one of the Enrichment activities.
- Encourage your class to write down what they are learn from this scripture story with the handouts included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Beware of Pride" by President Ezra Taft Benson
"The Sustaining Power of Faith in Times of Uncertainty and Testing" by Elder Richard G. Scott
"The Eternal Everyday" by Elder Quentin L. Cook
Remember to also check out books from Deseret Bookshelf PLUS- I love listening to them while I work and carpool (especially the TOFW ones as they are the perfect length)
D&C 4:6- Qualities to have including faith and humility
D&C 104:79- Humble yourselves
Helaman 3:35- Fast and pray and received faith and humility
Mosiah 4:11- Remember God and your own nothingness
D&C 20:37- Humility is a requirement for baptism
D&C 112:10- Be humble and the Lord will answer your prayers
D&C 136:32- Be humble to learn
"Beautiful Savior"- Children's Songbook pg. 62
"Be Thou Humble"- Hymn #130
"Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 96
"I Know My Father Lives"- Children's Songbook pg. 5
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"I Need Thee Every Hour"- Hymn #98
"More Holiness Give Me"- Hymn #131
"When Faith Endures"- Hymn #128
My Primary 6 Lesson 22 handouts include
- Targets with words on them for the Enrichment bean bag activity. You could also use the question mark target instead.
- Target categories as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities for the bean bag activity.
- Blank target- Use it to write their talents on or how they will keep their focus on Christ
- Scenario cards as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities.
If you like these lesson helps, please pin it so others can find them too!
These are faith and trust activities. I didn't find anything for humility.
Bible People with Great Faith (older classes)- Faith crossword
Faith is Like a Seed- Finger play
Faith Helps Us Choose the Right- Door hanger
Faith in Jesus Christ- Booklet
I'll Follow Him in Faith- Faith in Christ mobile
Plant a Seed- Poster
Trust in the Lord- Read and memorize a scripture then do the word search
I Will Trust in Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ- A monthly calendar that would make a fun activity for the class to do as well.
I Will Trust and Not Be Afraid- Bright Idea poster
Think your class is too old for coloring pages? Try these one of these 10 ways to use them instead.