Primary 6 Lesson 21: The Ten Commandments- The purpose of this lesson is to learn that the keeping the commandments helps us be happy.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- I love Rachael's Booknook's foldable free 10 Commandments activity- sure to delight your class!
- Memorize the 10 commandments with the flashcards included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"The Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 112
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Dare to Do Right"- Children/s Songbook pg. 158
"Love One Another"- Children's Songbook pg.136
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"Stand for the Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- Children's Songbook pg. 177
My Primary 6 Lesson 21 handouts include
- Treasure chest- cut and fold
- Jewels with the questions from the manual. Have your class draw from the chest and answer questions after you have gone over the story. You can split into teams and see who can collect the most jewels.
- 10 Commandment tablets with two categories as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities with Love God and Love Neighbors.
If you like these helps, please pin it so others can find it too!
Abinadi and the Ten Commandments- Crossword puzzle
Ten Commandments- Poem with fingerplay
I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him- Use these tablets to write or draw the 10 commandments
Commandments- Draw things you can do to keep the commandments
Keep the Commandments- Read the scriptures to figure out what commandment it is
Keep the Commandments- Move the person along as you keep the commandments
The Ten Commandments Teach Me to...- Make these jars and write down things that people have done throughout the week to keep the commandments- class activity, do ahead of time, or assign as homework to fill the jars next week.
Moses- Poster about Moses
Moses Teaches His People- Scripture figures to color (scroll down)